PDA

View Full Version : Take-out sushi?

Julie_Mouse
04-15-2010, 11:14 PM
I absolutley LOVE me some good sushi! :eat:

Sadly, none of my traveling companions do. :sad:

So I'm wondering if there's anywhere on WDW property you can get a CS-style take-out sushi meal. I've seen the menu for Tokyo Dining, and believe me, I would do terrible things to get a chance to eat there (:plot:), but I don't think it's going to happen on our May trip! Any thoughts? We're on the dining plan, so if it was a dining plan restaurant, that would be great, but I'd still pay OOP to have sushi, if necessary.

Thanks everyone :mickey:

KylesMom
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Try Yakitori House CS in Japan . . . your companions can go elsewhere, but you can get your meal here! :mickey:

deedeebee
04-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Are you going to be at the Poly? If you are, you are in luck! You can get it at Kona, Capt. Cook's and a sushi bar on the 2nd floor of the GCH. DH ate it all week during our July trip.

Julie_Mouse
04-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Mmmmm just checked out those menus! :tasty: I don't know if I can wait until May!

Thank you :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
:ditto: on the Poly choices! We'll be trying that in October so, you'll have to tell us how it is.

Also, I'm sure you can pursuade your party go to to Cali Grill! I've never had the pleasure of eating there yet, but, one day I will order everything off the sushi menu. :cloud9:

Julie_Mouse
04-16-2010, 10:49 AM
This thread is making me soooo hungry! :tasty:

I did some poking around and I saw a couple of older posts from people who requested the menu for the Kona Island Sushi Bar when they were dining at Kona Café. Since we have an ADR for Kona, this is of great interest to me! :yay:

Is Kona Island Sushi Bar on the dining plan? Methinks not, but Kona is, so if I ordered my meal from the Sushi Bar menu while I was dining at Kona, do you think it would count as a TS meal?! :shrug: Doubtful, but just curious. Has anyone recently had a menu from the sushi bar when dining at Kona?

23 days :mickey:

MadMadamMim
04-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Starring Rolls has just started carrying Sushi. I think there are four different types. They look yummy from the photo I saw!

nqi2
04-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Which park is Starring Rolls located in?

My DH loves some sushi and no one else does so a snack or cs type meal would be good.

But kind find this restaurant listed anywhere. Thanks.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-16-2010, 01:56 PM
This thread is making me soooo hungry! :tasty:

I did some poking around and I saw a couple of older posts from people who requested the menu for the Kona Island Sushi Bar when they were dining at Kona Café. Since we have an ADR for Kona, this is of great interest to me! :yay:

Is Kona Island Sushi Bar on the dining plan? Methinks not, but Kona is, so if I ordered my meal from the Sushi Bar menu while I was dining at Kona, do you think it would count as a TS meal?! :shrug: Doubtful, but just curious. Has anyone recently had a menu from the sushi bar when dining at Kona?

23 days :mickey:

I don't think you can sit at Kona and order from the sushi bar to use your TS credit. But, doesn't hurt to ask when you get there! And I don't see it listed on the dining plan... only when it is the breakfast alter-ego Kona Coffee bar in the mornings can you use your snack credits there. At least, that's how it was in October.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Which park is Starring Rolls located in?

My DH loves some sushi and no one else does so a snack or cs type meal would be good.

But kind find this restaurant listed anywhere. Thanks.

Starring roles is in DHS.

I'm trying to locate those pictures right now!!!! This is great!

4myprincesses
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Doing a little happy dance :) We never know where to eat at DHS, but believe it or not have never tried Starring Rolls...I guess we thought it was on pastries and I have daughter that has to really watch her sugar intake. However, I could run in and get sushi while everyone else keeps moving towards another place to eat.

Back to orginal topic, though, and my suggestion for you would be Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. I am pretty sure that any time I have been there they have had counter service style sushi and the selections of sandwiches, salads, and hot food are plentiful. I have never had a poor meal there, it is the only counter service that I wish I had in my home town so I could eat there once or twice a week!