PDA

View Full Version : What Did I Get Myself Into??

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, I finally decided to take the plunge and register for online classes for my Masters degree.... Here goes nothing!!!

Dizneyana
04-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Congratulations, and good luck!! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Congrats!

I'm a little over 1/2 way through my Masters, and it is so much more interesting and more fun than my undergrad. Hope you enjoy it!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
04-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Congratulations! Good luck on this new challenge!

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Congrats!

I'm a little over 1/2 way through my Masters, and it is so much more interesting and more fun than my undergrad. Hope you enjoy it!:thumbsup:

Are you taking online classes or in school classes??? I am doing online classes...

RedSoxFan
04-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Congrats and Good Luck.

VWL Mom
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Good luck!

magicofdisney
04-16-2010, 08:23 AM
I think this is such a fabulous option for people. It's got way more flexibility than traditional schooling and such a great opportunity to improve your resume. :) Congratulations!

faline
04-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Good luck to you! I know it will be a lot of hard work but I'm sure it will be worth the effort!

fupresti
04-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I am in the middle of getting my Masters online. I have one summer school class and my capstone in the fall and I am done. I am even considering getting a second one after this one I enjoyed it so much.

diz_girl
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Good luck!

I'm a bit jealous. I got my master's the hard way, 60 credits of classroom studies for my MBA from Rutgers. Attending part-time took me about 7 years to earn my degree.

Many of my classes were very interesting, much more than in undergraduate school. For one class (International Banking and Capital Markets) we had a field trip to the the New York Stock Exchange and the Federal Reserve Bank in NYC. We went into the conference room at the Fed where all of the big meetings are held. But the best part was when we actually went down into the vault where they keep all of the the gold and I got to hold a gold bar, which was quite heavy. By the way, Die Hard With a Vengeance had it wrong, there are no countries' names on the cages, just numbers and only a couple of people know the number for each country. DH didn't want to go, so I took my Dad and he enjoyed it too. This was 6 months before 9-11, so I don't know if they let you do that anymore.

pink
04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Congrats! I hope you enjoy it. I'm only a junior in college right now but I keep looking into graduate schools. If you don't mind me asking, are all of your classes online or do you eventually have to take classes on the schools premises?

Thanks. :mickey:

DizHawk
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I graduated with my Master's in Information Systems through an online program back in 2008. I'm currently in another program (Masters in Divinity) that I hope to finish in three years. Had a great experience with both of them and can't recommend it enough.