PDA

View Full Version : Meteor over Milwaukee?

Granny Jill A
04-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Did anyone see or hear this? The video on the news was spectacular.

MNNHFLTX
04-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I saw the footage on the news this morning too. It was pretty amazing.

SallyMcQueen
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
My DH was outside last night and said it was really bright. He could actually see parts of it breaking up. I was in the house and saw a flash of light in the sky. I thought it was just some lightning as they've been hinting we might get storms the last few days (no storms, just 77 degree weather). This was around 10:15 local time. We live about 1.5 hours south and west of Milwaukee near Madison, WI.

disneymom15
04-15-2010, 03:34 PM
We live in Appleton, which is north of Milwaukee (about 100 miles). My daughter and her boyfriend saw it.

Granny Jill A
04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I wonder how many people were out hunting for pieces of the meteorite? I guess they are worth quite a bit.

jillluvsdisney
04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Local Milwaukee news tonight said some parts of the meteors have been found near Platville.
That is in the southwestern part of the state.

Jeff G
04-17-2010, 08:42 AM
I live 90 miles north of Milwaukee and the evening of the incident I noticed a flash in the sky. I thought it was odd since it hadn't stormed so I went out on my back deck and looked to the south and commented to my DW about the lightening.

I don't pay attention to the news and in passing only saw mention of a meteorite but didn't realize it was so close. Because of this post I looked into it and the time and location fit that yes I did see the flash, sort of.

The news reported today a fragment was found and the initial test show it is from the meteorite belt.