PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with people?

luvdiznee
04-15-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm glad I only put 2 of them out there. But last weekend I bought a set of 6 solar lights for our yard. I put 2 of them out there, because I wanted to see how good they work and was still deciding how to arrange the others. Well as of yesterday morning they are gone!

I mean what is wrong with people that they can't go out and buy their own or just feel like they want them, so they can take mine.

And they weren't even smart enough to take the part that goes in the ground (not sure what that pointy part is called) so I'm not sure how well they are going to stay in for them.:thedolls:

I did discover them gone yesterday, but was so PO'd, I wasnt ready to talk about it. Also DD12 was home from school sick with a fever and her asthma, due to a cough acting up and I had taken the day off also. Anywho, vent over. Thanks.

Dragongirlx
04-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Thats really horrible I can't believe someone would do that but then we can't put an antenna topper on our car anymore because everytime we do someone steals it.
At least they didn't get all the lights.
Hope you feel better about it soon

deedeebee
04-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Totally know what you mean:mad:Last year my DS13 had his bike stolen out of my mother's front yard, in about 15 minutes!! This is a very nice neighborhood. I also have the antenna topper problem. Every single time I put one on it gets taken:thedolls:Hopefully a bright spot will appear soon:)

Jeniflower
04-15-2010, 07:43 AM
that's real bad, there are always those out there that spoil it for everyone else. but all we can do is rise above it and set a good example. and if that fails electrify the lot of them....

joking!!! (probabaly)

1DisneyNut
04-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Teenagers like to swipe the yard lights and goof around with them. Not much you can do either other than put up one of the outdoor camera's and get their picture. Same goes for the antenna toppers. You might could come up with some sort of way to rig them to at least get even if they steal them.

Jeniflower
04-15-2010, 07:47 AM
we've started sicking our toppers to the dashboard, main problem soon i won't be able to see out the front windscreem, but it looks cool

vicster
04-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Could possibly have been kids thinking it's funny. I've also had my Disney antenna toppers stolen off my car which really ticks me off.

Puppy Mom
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Not only did someone steal my antenna topper, but they broke the antenna off too.

azcavalier
04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
The other day I took my DS 13 to Boy Scouts at a local Christian church, and on the way home I had to stop at the grocery store. When I got out and walked around the back of my SUV, I noticed that someone had ripped/bent/broken my rear wiper completely off. I *know* that it happened at the church, because on the way home from work I was using that wiper! So your question was exactly what I was asking myself. What's wrong with people??? At a church, no less! With Boy Scouts!!!

princessgirls
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Last year, my coworker and I purchased a rose bush and planted in front of our office (office is located on a main street in a residential town). It was gone by the morning. Someone pulled it out and took it.

So much for making our street and area look nicer...

Julie:mickey:

divinedi
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
What I find even stranger than those people that take things, or wreck things, just for the fun of it or because they 'can', that if you did catch them, and took something of theirs, they'd be ready to do you serious harm because you 'touched' something of theirs.......I just don't get it! Double standard I guess!:( "What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" :thedolls: So sad.

I still have my antenna topper, but then, even I can't get it off, I wanted to switch it out! Oh well.

Dizneyana
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
... You might could come up with some sort of way to rig them to at least get even if they steal them.

Put in hard wired lights instead of solar, and ZAP 'em... :thedolls:

I know the times have changed. When I was a kid, I wouldn't have DREAMT of doing anything like what has been mentioned... :shrug:

Sure enough I would have gotten caught, and wouldn't be here to talk about it now... :paranoid:

luvdiznee
04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
In our neighborhood, we do have like two groups of teens that hang out past dark. But still can't say whether or not it was them. I never thought to buy the antenna toppers, every since my luggage tag was stolen off my suitcase at the airport. :thedolls:

And I do like that shocking them idea...:secret:

A bicycle stolen is a lot worse than this. :(

brownie
04-16-2010, 07:27 AM
A great lack of respect, unfortunately. One of the guys I work with bought a couple of the inflatable Halloween decorations this past fall. He said they didn't even stay until the next morning after he put them out.

If I put out one of our flags, I try to bring it in before going to bed so the flag doesn't disappear. It's not too hard to remember when it's the US flag since I do not like to have it out after sunset without lighting.

pink
04-18-2010, 11:31 AM
I once had a Pochohontas purse stolen from my hotel room when I was FOUR. It was obviously a kids purse and I had five dollars in it and the maid stole it.

I still remember it like it was yesterday. Seriously, steal 5 dollars from a child, I couldn't believe it.

The good thing is that I was given $20 by the hotel manager as compensation.

Another strange thing that happened to us a few years ago, nothing was stolen but property was still damaged. Someone decided to throw a cement block into our swimming pool and we had to drain the pool to get it out. It also scratched our pool lining. I don't know who in their right mind would lift a cement block that huge up a flight of stairs on the side of our house, break into our backyard just to put that in the pool.

Very strange. :confused:

AHOTE
04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
AH, life in the big city...and I share your frustration. I live in a corner house and I can't begin to count the number of items I've had stolen over the last 38 years. Lawn chairs of all description, trash cans, recycling buckets, newspapers, hanging baskets, flowers cut from plants, vegetables taken from the yard, tires & wheels from my car, windsheild wipers, Christmas decorations and the list goes on and on.
I even had rooted ivy cutting taken the front of the house three times within a two week period. After the third time I decided to get even :thedolls: I went down along the railroad near my house and I cut a large bucket full of poison ivy branches from the fence row. I don't get poison ivy :D They were neatly planted in the yard that same day and just as before they were missing the next morning. I never did find out who took them but the next bunch of ivy I planted was allowed to grow and remains unmolested to this day...

VWL Mom
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
I even had rooted ivy cutting taken the front of the house three times within a two week period. After the third time I decided to get even :thedolls: I went down along the railroad near my house and I cut a large bucket full of poison ivy branches from the fence row. I don't get poison ivy :D They were neatly planted in the yard that same day and just as before they were missing the next morning. I never did find out who took them but the next bunch of ivy I planted was allowed to grow and remains unmolested to this day...

Now that truly is payback :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM

Would have loved to have been a fly on that wall. :thumbsup: