PDA

View Full Version : AKL club level

Suz36
04-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I have a question regarding etiquette at the club level lounge (we've never stayed concierge before!) Is it OK to get some food and take it back to your room, or is this frowned upon? My daughter is looking forward to spending her birthday morning in our room watching animals while we have our breakfast. We were going to do room service, but then I decided to surprise her with an upgrade to concierge so we could do the AK tour. Just want to make sure we don't commit a faux pas! :blush:

ThanxForNoticin
04-15-2010, 06:35 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong at all with your plan. I've seen people stop by, get some food/drinks, and then head off - sometimes to their rooms and sometimes to the parks. It sounds like a great way to spend a birthday morning. In fact, it sounds like a great way to start ANY day! Have a great time.

pox24
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
The AKL Club is awesome. We take water with us to the parks from there, snacks and hot Hor'deuves in the evening. Even cordials out to the fire pit at night. This accomodation is a real treat.:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
We used to stop by and grab some coffee or tea and cookies and take them to one of the balconies with the big rocking chairs and have tea time and animal watch. It was one of my favorite times at AKL and at Disney. My girls still talk about it. We have not stayed club level at AKL since they moved the club level rooms down to the 4th floor but would like to stay in a DVC unit club level some day.
Have a wonderful trip and I hope your DD has a wonderful birthday!

TammiMcMan
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Is it OK to get some food and take it back to your room, or is this frowned upon? It's absolutely fine. If you need a tray to help carry things back, just ask one of the lounge CM's and they'll be happy to get you one.

Suz36
04-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the replies - I feel much better now!!