PDA

View Full Version : Anyplace at Epcot you can eat *and* see Illuminations? :)

danimator
04-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Inquiring minds (me) want to know! We've missed it both times we've been there, and just wondering if there's an ideal location. Any experiences there?

CaptSmee
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM
the Rose & Crown has a balcony that overlooks the lagoon with an incredible view of the show. they are not the only seats available at the restaurant, and you have to make your reservation time for later in the evening. the only other place is the quick service eatery at Mexico, which is closed for refurbishment right now.

Phantod
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
We saw it from Tokyo Dining last September. Get a late rezzie and ask for a window table. Not a spectacular view, but not bad.

Ed
04-15-2010, 09:53 AM
the Rose & Crown has a balcony that overlooks the lagoon with an incredible view of the show. they are not the only seats available at the restaurant, and you have to make your reservation time for later in the evening.

:ditto:

We've done that several times; we made ressies for about 7:30 pm. On arrival we specified that we preferred to sit outside, even if it meant waiting a bit longer. We usually have just finished dinner and were enjoying dessert when IllumiNations began.

:thumbsup:

sgdisney
04-15-2010, 10:10 AM
We've done the Rose & Crown late dinner and stayed for Illuminations every trip and have an ADR in a couple of weeks for a 7:30 dinner. We have been seated outside everytime except once. When we had an inside table, the let us go out to a section of the terrace directly on the water, but only for R&C guests to watch Illuminations.

Through the looking Glass
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Rose and Crown is the way to go.:cloud9: We made ressies at 7:30 and informed the server we would like to sit there for Illuminations. He was great, slowing our service down just so we could sit there. He got a nice tip and actually 'sat' and watched with my kids. Bangers and Mash for dinner and two huge beers. The kids were more than happy to sit and play with a duck, while the crowds dispersed, I enjoyed finishing my beer:beer:.

DVC2004
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Another one for Rose and Crown! Great food and view!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-19-2010, 04:35 PM
If you want a counter service, go to Cantina de San Angel. If we are eating a CS meal, we always go here and reserve a table for Illuminations. If you want to do this though, you'll have to pop a squat early as all the good tables will be taken by 9pm showtime.

We usually plan a 7:45/8pm ish dinner and get a great table.

:cloud9: