PDA

View Full Version : 'Twist of Kate' Premiers Summer 2010

MegaDisney
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
From Entertainment Weekly:

"Kate Gosselin to star in TLC's new 'Twist of Kate'

by Lynette Rice

With Kate Gosselin’s popularity (or is it notoriety?) giving Dancing With the Stars its best ratings ever, TLC announced that it will stay in the mom-of-eight business by launching Twist of Kate sometime this summer. The new series will follow Gosselin as she travels the country to meet families with challenges at work or at home and attempt to “walk a mile in their shoes,” according to a TLC statement. The show will also give Gosselin a chance to “roll up her sleeves and see what she can to do to help.”

Gosselin’s brood won’t necessarily be the focus – especially since TLC is debuting two other shows about couples who go home with large families, including the Carpio Family Project (about a New York City couple with 18-month sextuplets in addition to an 8-year-old son) and Quintuplet Surprise (about a young Texas couple who have a 6-year-old daughter and five newborns). Gosselin, however, will star in a series of Kate Plus 8 specials that will focus on her complicated home life.

Meanwhile, ABC must have let out a huge sigh of relief when it was Buzz Aldrin – not the low-scoring Gosselin — who got the boot on Monday from DWTS. Gosselin is definitely having an impact on the ratings for the uber-reality show, which finished the week of March 29 as the most-watched TV show for the first time ever. It outranked both weekly installments of American Idol and, in fact, was the first regular TV series in five years to draw more viewers than both editions of Idol."

:bang: :giveup:

Scar
04-14-2010, 07:20 PM
The new series will follow Gosselin as she travels the country to meet families with challenges at work or at home and attempt to “walk a mile in their shoes,” according to a TLC statement. The show will also give Gosselin a chance to “roll up her sleeves and see what she can to do to help.”That should be good for her kids. :rolleyes:

In my dreams
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Kate Goesslin is about as appealing as Paris Hilton
NOT:sick:

Madame Leona
04-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't think I will be watching.

PirateLover
04-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think this will get the ratings they expect. Maybe the first few shows but it will die off... I think she is bringing ratings to DWTS because of how BAD she is. All the people I know love to rag on her dancing. She's like the villain you love to hate I guess. I just don't see that appeal carrying over to this other show. The main draw for Jon and Kate +8 was the kids, and then to see the relationship drama. With neither of those factors in this show it will only draw devoted Kate fans and people who have no life and want to keep making fun of her.

MegaDisney
04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
If I have a life does that disqualify me from making fun of her? :D

PirateLover
04-15-2010, 05:28 PM
If I have a life does that disqualify me from making fun of her? :D

Hahah no, she is an easy target! But some people I think have become OBSESSED with picking apart her every move. It's the tabloid generated celebrity world we live in these days I guess. If they stopped putting her on the covers of magazines, no one would care anymore.

ibrowse17
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
I am really interested to find out the time that her new show will air, so that I can make sure not to watch:ack:

luvdiznee
04-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't understand what made her a "star". Is it because she has 8 kids. I'm sure there are many nurses who can support a family of 8 kids. Yes, I know it would be tough but I would think it can be done.

Another vote for not watching.

Joannelet
04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
she's ridiculous and I hope people stop supporting her nonsense for the sake of her children. She needs to go back and earn an honest living for her children and give them the normal parenting that they deserve.
I don't know what kind of advice can she possibly give to others? She has nanny's at her house 24/7. She lives in a million dollar home and is a single parent with no responsibility to her children.
She use to be a parent....not anymore. She gave that up for a $ sign.

TheDuckRocks
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
:ack::ack::ack:Good Grief!!!:ack::ack::ack:
Here we go again.

pink
04-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't like Kate, I feel like she lies about not wanting to be famous and what not BUT in her defense, I see why she is doing this. For some reason Jon and Kate Plus 8 was very popular and they took advantage of that because they do have eight kids to take care of. Now that the show is gone and they're just doing specials she is still trying to get some extra money by being on Dancing with the Stars and starring in this new show. I don't think it is a good idea for her to be away from his kids this much but I can't blame her for trying to squeeze as much money out of her remaining 15 minutes of fame. I think she knows that this fame on hers won't last forever so until it ends she is going to get as much money as possible. I hope in the future she gets a normal job and lets those beautiful kids have a happy life.

I don't support children being on reality TV but I don't blame her for doing what she is doing either. :mickey:

DVC2004
04-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Ugh this woman grates on me. Such a control freak. I don't know how anyone can stand dealing with her. I guess she's taking her fifteen minutes as long as she can until she's forced back into reality to work a "regular" job like all us schleps. I won't be tuning in.

1DisneyNut
04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Who watched "Jon and Kate plus 8" anyway to give it this supposed popularity? I do not know a single person that watched that show. I am like the others and do not expect this new show to make it long since whatever little appeal the previous one had must have been the animosity between Jon and Kate.

pink
04-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Who watched "Jon and Kate plus 8" anyway to give it this supposed popularity? I do not know a single person that watched that show. I am like the others and do not expect this new show to make it long since whatever little appeal the previous one had must have been the animosity between Jon and Kate.

It was the highest rated cable show for viewers aged 18-34 for awhile before the whole scandal began. :mickey: