PDA

View Full Version : Home sick for Disney!!

ibrowse17
04-14-2010, 06:08 PM
After watching the Travel Channel this afternoon, I want to go to Disney World right now!! Have to wait until December, but at least we have a trip to plan:thumbsup:

Any one else get that feeling watching the shows today??

pdrlkr
04-14-2010, 06:55 PM
All the time! :thumbsup:

Alaska Disney Fan
04-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Just got done watching one 20 minutes ago, were 162 days out and it can't go by quick enough, but it got my DW thinking about trying Rockin Rollercoaster for the first time. :number1:

elmjimmlm
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
We are 64 days off and I have watched these shows every day in the past week on my DVR...I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeniflower
04-15-2010, 04:45 AM
I know what you mean. sitting in work with a headache and 144 days to go, I wish I was there now. POTC here I come:mickey:

oticketc
04-15-2010, 06:55 AM
It's Inspiring...

Dragongirlx
04-15-2010, 07:11 AM
I wish I was there right now

LandFan
04-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I know what you mean - I haven't been watching the shows but I have been having those flashbacks recently (feels like I am suddenly there and I can SMELL it!). So far I have flashed back to being on the walking paths at Pop, watching the Jammin' Jungle parade at AKL and hearing the monorails go overhead while walking in EPCOT... oh, and standing on that sidewalk that goes towards tomorrowland from the ice cream parlor...

sighhhh....:cloud9:

elmjimmlm
04-15-2010, 10:15 AM
I know what you mean - I haven't been watching the shows but I have been having those flashbacks recently (feels like I am suddenly there and I can SMELL it!). So far I have flashed back to being on the walking paths at Pop, watching the Jammin' Jungle parade at AKL and hearing the monorails go overhead while walking in EPCOT... oh, and standing on that sidewalk that goes towards tomorrowland from the ice cream parlor...

sighhhh....:cloud9:

I know exactly what you are talking about...I was just telling my DS about having some and just this morning I had one of standing past the entrance of AK early morning and thinking how hot it was going to be...My son thinks I am nuts but I remind him of who takes him to Disney every year...:cool:

Dznygrl79
04-15-2010, 02:43 PM
I am still waiting to begin planning my next trip but little things make me think of Disney all the time. The smell of Nescafe and sound of Playhouse Disney remind me of sitting in the Pop food court. Sitting outside during the sunset makes me want a dole whip because I always end my day at MK in adventureland..
I can't wait to go back!

divinedi
04-15-2010, 03:24 PM
There's a commercial on TV right now where this family is getting ready to have breakfast and they hear music coming from the basement, they go downstairs, and it's POTC!! I get excited and cranky all at the same time, excited because it's Disney :cloud9:, cranky because I don't know when I'll get there again :cry:

Being unemployed stinks, in so many more ways than one!!!!:sad:

PopPhan
04-15-2010, 03:33 PM
I've got D-Magic Radio playing on Live 365 right now and am listening to Off Kilter -- feeling like I'm sitting in front of the stage......

September can't get here soon enough!!

ibrowse17
04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Ok, so I am glad to know it is just not me. Thanks:thumbsup:

Tink#64
04-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Anytime I watch anything about WDW I'm ready to be there! DH was watching something about WDW on the TC yesterday & I happened to walk in the room & was under the Disney spell immediately! Now I'm just chompin at the bit! We're 49 days ou! :woohoo: I'm finalizing my plans :write:, shopping :cart: and waiting! :wait: I'm ready to pack the bags & leave! :truck: By the time it's time to go I'll be like that little boy on the commercial - "I'm too excited to sleep!" :sheep:

TikiGoddess
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
yesterday I had coffee with a friend who is taking her family to WDW next week. I went through the maps with her and gave her some basic touring plans. And when I went home all I could think about was doing those plans myself!

It helps that a bunch of my FB friends are there right now... They've been posting Disney pics all week. Our trip is only 67 days away -- but I can't talk about it because we're surprising the girls!

TikiG

Frog
04-16-2010, 11:10 AM
my middle girl and i did rockin roller coaster the during our second visit as we both chickened out during our first visit, and it has made us both want to go back even more than after our first visit!

MushuGrl
04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Awww they make me homesick!

Nice to know I'm not the only one that associates smells with Disney. I bought a new scented handsoap for the bathroom. Washed my hands with it yesterday and caught this whiff of familiar scent..took me a while to realize it smelled like the orange groves on Soarin!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-21-2010, 01:23 PM
What's so bittersweet is that someone from work is leaving for 8 days at POP tomorrow.

Family friends that were just married last week are leaving tomorrow for their Disney honeymoon.

I will be leaving to go to work 3 miles from my home tomorrow. :sob:

WHEN WILL OCTOBER COME????? (179 days!)