PDA

View Full Version : What is the benefit of on-line check i?

mommyprincess
04-14-2010, 11:12 AM
We are going in mid June and want to know the benefit of on-line check-in? You don't get your room number or your key's to the kingdom, so what makes this a good idea? Just want to take advantage of things that make our Disney experience easier but if I am checking in on line and then have to stand in line when I get there anyway, it seems it wouldnt make any sense to waste time doing it twice....:confused:

PopPhan
04-14-2010, 11:22 AM
There have been numerous threads asking this very same question, but to sum it up....

TIME -- If you are going to be happy with whatever room you are assigned, and have no questions about rooms/tickets/etc., this can save you a lot of time. You put your credit card information on the online check-in form and your KTTW card automatically has charging privileges. You simply walk up to the registration desk - through a separate Online Check-In line - and pick up your packet. At that time, they will tell you what room(s) you are assigned to and ask you if you have any questions. If not, you're done! No signing anything, no 'where do you want to be?', you are free to move about the complex, go to parks, whatever you wish.

One qualification however....If your room is not ready upon arrival, they will take your cell phone number and text/call you when it is ready, or you can call in after normal check-in hours yourself.

WishingStar2006
04-14-2010, 11:30 AM
This my just be a coincidence but each time that I have done on-line check-in, my room has been ready....even at 11 in the morning. I don't kno if they assign the on-line check in rooms first or not...but it has worked for me.

Strmchsr
04-14-2010, 11:43 AM
This my just be a coincidence but each time that I have done on-line check-in, my room has been ready....even at 11 in the morning. I don't kno if they assign the on-line check in rooms first or not...but it has worked for me.

It is just coincidence. I've done online check-in 3 times. Only once was my room ready.

CaptSmee
04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
we tried it once, it had a shorter line and seemed to speed the process up. our room was not ready at the time, but we were AGAIN (4th time) upgraded to a savannah room at AKL this Jan. :thumbsup: