PDA

View Full Version : Help from Experts on Coronado Springs

DisneyFr33k
04-13-2010, 11:37 AM
We are going here for the first time this coming October. We'll have some half days to come back to enjoy the resort. What are some "can't miss" things about this resort? This is our first moderate and don't want to get home and learn of some cool things we missed.

Thanks for all your advice!

c&d
04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
The main pool area is wonderful. We never felt really packed in at the pool when we were there.

Walking around the resort is enjoyable. There are little hidden treasures all around, from hidden water falls to those comfy hammocks for lying in. Don't just walk around the lake walk in between the buildings to find some really pretty places.

One of the things we enjoyed was walking around the resort at night. It is, I think, one of the prettiest resorts.

buzz2001
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Hit Rix Lounge (Entertainment after 9:00) for some “adult time” (Try the tapas style appetizers. YUM). It was voted Most Trendy Bar in Orlando 2009.

Hit Cafe Rix for some amazing gelato.

Give one of the many hammocks a try, very relaxing!

For more “adult time” the Maya Grill is a great place to dine.

Siestas margaritas are very good. If they offer you an extra shot of 151 ~ consider yourself warned.

Get a massage at the fitness center. Check on-line for coupons. It is run by Nikki Bryan (as are the other Spas at WDW).

Have a drink at the Laguna Bar. It's a great place to sit by the lake. You can see the high fireworks from Illuminations and Wishes at night.

Real Coffee at the Cafe Rix, Pepper Market and Maya Grill

Young or old, you have to give the water slide a try.

mjm12000
04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Oh you are so lucky you will love the resort it is so beautiful and relaxing. I would say that you can not miss a nice walk through the El Centro building to see where all the food places are and to see the dome ceiling and fountain. I would also recommend taking a nice leasurely stroll around the entire loop of the resort so you can see all the differently themed areas. And of course you can not miss the Mayan Temple pool, it has a great slide and a nice big hot tub. I also love having a cocktail sitting in the big chairs at Laguna Bar by the Lago Dorado. Also taking a break to hang in the hammocks around the sandy beaches. Basically explore the resort and enjoy the sparkeling fountains the lush gardens and the beautiful theming.

Giselle
04-13-2010, 03:38 PM
If you have little ones take time to let them play in the sand while you relax in a hammock. My DD 6 yo loved this as much as the parks!

princess mommy
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
When we stayed there last year, outside of the central building, there was a very friendly crocodile swimming around with the turtles. Also the gift shop has some nice stuff to browse through. Enjoy!

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:24 AM
I gotta agree with the poster that said "take a walk at night". Resort is gorgeous during the day, but it's downright magical at night.