PDA

View Full Version : resort mugs

yjgirl32
04-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Not sure if this is in the right place- so if not please move. M family and I went to Disney of 07 and stayed at the CBR- my friend is telling me that since we are staying there in Oct of this year that I can take my mugs from the 07 trip and use them again? I thought we would need to buy new mugs but she says no- can someone let me know if she is correct or not. I don't want to break any rules. Thanks for all your help.

Seasonscraps
04-13-2010, 10:29 AM
No, you are not allowed to bring mugs back from prior vacations. It's printed on the mugs and at the drink stations.

renecat
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Also they have changed the mugs. You most likely have one that says C. B. on it. The mug aren't the same any more. They don't have the resort names on them anymore. At least they didn't last year.

WishingStar2006
04-13-2010, 11:37 AM
I know it's against the rules and I do buy a new mug each trip HOWEVER, I can't tell you how many people I see every trip with last year's Year of a Million Dreams white and blue mugs and old Wildeness Lodge Mugs being used. I couldn't do that...but A LOT of people do!!!

vicster
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I know it's against the rules and I do buy a new mug each trip HOWEVER, I can't tell you how many people I see every trip with last year's Year of a Million Dreams white and blue mugs and old Wildeness Lodge Mugs being used. I couldn't do that...but A LOT of people do!!!

I've seen the same thing! So wrong...can't understand if people don't understand or just don't want to buy new mugs.

stitch34
04-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I know in the past few years it has been a universal design across the resorts and not an individual one per resort just different colors of the same design is what varied...I always get the new mug every year going there planning on buying my mug and autograph books the first day of every trip as a yearly souvenior...

they had the blue ones two years ago for the year of a million dreams and then last year it was more colorful for celebrate today...do they have new ones for this year??? just curious

#1donaldfan
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
....your not supposed to, but like said before, it's done every single day......I've seen old, old mugs used and CM's wiping away just mere inches from them and they say nothing.....I'll venture a guess that although it's a "rule" to not use 'em CM's are told to not push the issue unless some huge misconduct is going on....I dunno.....????:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Irregardless of what others may do, please keep the discussion here limited to what the current policy is. Thank you.

yjgirl32
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM
OK no I will not do that then- I didn't think you would be allowed. Thanks for the info. I didn't see anything about the rule on my mug. Thanks everyone.

finaldynasty
04-24-2010, 11:28 PM
During our last visit last summer, CSR still had their own resort mug, but when we were at the WL the year before they had a generic mug. My DW and I are interested in what the POR mugs will look like this year. We are on the dining plan, so we don't worry about buying new mugs, but I agree with previous posters follow the rule and get a new mug every year! They make for great keepsakes until your next visit.

:mickey:

Belster
04-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I love collecting the WDW mugs!!!:mickey: Just curious what the new 2010 mug looks like? Cannot wait to get my hands on one!! Planning to go in November.:cloud9:

Strmchsr
04-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Pretty much identical to last year's mugs except the shape is slightly different.

Belster
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Bummer!

#1donaldfan
04-26-2010, 12:31 PM
During our last visit last summer, CSR still had their own resort mug, but when we were at the WL the year before they had a generic mug. My DW and I are interested in what the POR mugs will look like this year. We are on the dining plan, so we don't worry about buying new mugs, but I agree with previous posters follow the rule and get a new mug every year! They make for great keepsakes until your next visit.

:mickey:

...last June POR mugs where the newer Red ones, with different color lids....from what I see and hear they are the same....I wish they'd change 'em every year, 'cause we like buying them as well.....

kminton
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
We were accused of using our mugs from a previous year's visit one time by a CM. We were camping at Fort Wilderness and bought our mugs at the Meadow's Swimming Pool. When we went to use them at Trail's End, we were told of the rule by the CM. We told him that we knew of the rule and had bought them the day before. They were swapping over to the "year of a million dreams" cups and still had the other ones at the pool. A manager was called over and he said that was indeed the truth. The funny thing was that a guy behind us had a cup that was several years old (the paint was coming off of it) and he was not questioned.

I'm like alot of others here - we buy our cups the day we get there and that's part of our sovenir shopping. We've got one from all of our stays except our last stay (we were only there for 3 days). One set of our Fort Wilderness cups stay in our camper.

I agree - follow the rules.