PDA

View Full Version : Karma is alive and well

pink
04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I just thought this was a nice story so I wanted to share this with all of you.

For years my DBF and I have gone to Dave and Buster's and played the games for fun and over the past three years we have collected bags full of tickets but we never cashed them in. The other day we decided to do it but instead of getting some prize we were going to give them away to a child.

We had the worker weigh the tickets for us and it came out to 10,000 tickets. We walked around the place and found a cute little girl and her father playing a game and having a great time. We walked up to the dad and introduced ourselves and said, "We have been saving up these tickets for a long time now and we were wondering if you would like to have them." (I think in the beginning he thought we were trying to sell him something :secret:). He was so shocked and I think more excited than the little girl was.

Well the next day I had what I think was karma come back to me. I had been out sick for two days from school and was worried about going back as some of my professors are really not very understanding of my disorder that makes me sick frequently. I walked into class and my teacher announced that she had forgotten to check the past 5 assingments (given over those two days) and that she would check them all now. I was so happy and then she even asked me if I was feeling ok, I almost fell off my chair. This woman is not a fairy princess type-personality she is a tough cookie haha.

I felt so lucky. I honestly feel like what you put into this world is exactly what comes back to you. :mickey:

Dragongirlx
04-13-2010, 10:02 AM
What a lovely story. Karma it's real

Tick-Tock
04-13-2010, 11:01 AM
That's great!

It reminds me of our D&B's story. We also collected a lot of tickets, and around Christmas time we decided to cash them in. We got three portable CD players (you can tell this was a few years ago!), and my boyfriend dropped them off at a teen shelter. The woman there was so surprised and happy -- it turns out that they were trying to get each teen a portable CD player, and they were exactly three short!

garymacd
04-13-2010, 09:12 PM
You had the good Karma. Good for you!

I try to tell people that there are two types of Karma, and you get reap what you sow (I'm sounding old).

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm a firm believer in good AND bad Karma. I'm glad you had the good kind. That was a sweet thing to do.

jillluvsdisney
04-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Nice story. Love it when good things happen to good people.

pink
04-18-2010, 11:33 AM
It reminds me of our D&B's story. We also collected a lot of tickets, and around Christmas time we decided to cash them in. We got three portable CD players (you can tell this was a few years ago!), and my boyfriend dropped them off at a teen shelter. The woman there was so surprised and happy -- it turns out that they were trying to get each teen a portable CD player, and they were exactly three short!

That is a sweet story. That is amazing that you brought the exact number of CD players that they needed. :thumbsup: