PDA

View Full Version : Last trip: Summer '08. Next trip: Oct '10. What's new?? :)

danimator
04-13-2010, 08:29 AM
The planning begins! Next trip only 6 months or so away! I know 'Toy Story Mania' is new since my last trip. Anything else?

What's new? What's awesome? I need something to fill the void caused by the shuttering of the AC!

renecat
04-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Space mountain was being redone while we were there last Sept. Haven't got to try it yet. Toy story mania is a blast hope you take the time to try it. We are also going in Oct. Food & Wine Festival. Looking forward to that. Can't really think of anything else.

danimator
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Cool; thanks Rene! I can't wait to see what's been done with SM. :) It's always the first thing I do. :number1: Anyone else know anything?

AHOTE
04-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Well, to help us take our minds off the closed AC :sob: we plan to spend some time at the new Tequila Bar in the Mexican Pavillion at Epcot. It won't be quite the same but after a while we probably won't care...just kidding nothing can take the place of the AC. Food & Wine offers new experiences last time there they even got me to eat escargot. There are changes to the ride experience on ToT. The Land has been redone. MNSSHP will be ongoing too. We'll be there Oct 2-10, When will you be there?

danimator
04-14-2010, 08:29 PM
I know.. we were so frustrated by the AC closing too. :(

There's a tequila bar in Epcot now?? Know anything else? Will definitely have to check that out! :D

Right now we're tentatively planning for the first week of october; 1st to 7th. Subject to change, but hopefully not too much.

AHOTE
04-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Danimator... sent you a PM with a link to the tequila bar

fielin
04-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Here are a few things off the top of my head :

- Space mountain refurb done (no change to the ride, but new props, new decor, new queue)

- The sum of all thrills in innovention (cyber space mountain with kuka arms)

- Stormstruck (?) in innovention (tornado simulation)

- Kim Possible adventures at Epcot (Geocaching game in the Worl Showcase, sounds very fun)

- American Idol at DHS (several shows a day)

- Toy Story Mania at DHS (but you already knew that)

I was there last time in march 08. Can you tell I'm getting excited about the new experiences to try for my trip in 7 DAYS ?! :number1:

oticketc
04-15-2010, 07:07 AM
If anyone visiting DWD now...here are few updates

The magic kingdom park is under expansion work.

So beginning April 12, Ariel’s Grotto, Scuttle’s Landing snack location and Pooh’s Playful Spot will be closing. You’ll still be able to find several of your favorite Disney Characters in some other locations and continue to experience other favorite Fantasyland attractions

danimator
04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the update, ticket!

vws_and_disney
04-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Looking forward to our trip in October to try out the new SM. TSM is a must do but make sure that you arrive at the park early and do that first thing. Or at least get your FP right away