PDA

View Full Version : Sending gifts to friend in the World

Fastpasssteve
04-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Friends are planning a trip to WDW in August. They will be staying at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins. I was wanting to send them a food gift, something like Omaha Steaks or something like that...there are BBQ grills there and they will be having more than a few meals there at the cabin due to one person's food allergies and to keep costs down. Is this possible? Are things like that delivered to the main check-in building and held there or are they delivered to the cabins themselves? What do you think? Is this foolish or a good idea?

debandbub
04-13-2010, 07:02 AM
I would suggest looking into Garden Grocer- I know they deliver to the WDW resorts, and the bellhops will keep foods refrigerated until the guests are able to retrieve them. we've used them for just water and fruit/snack type items, but I know that others have used them for other items, and they'll probably be along shortly to help you out more.

TammiMcMan
04-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I've had gift baskets delivered to friends staying in Disney. If you don't have their reservation number, you will need to know the exact name of the primary person on the reservation.

Food can be sent and Disney will keep it refrigerated (and notify the guest to pick it up or have a runner deliver it), but maybe it would be a better idea to give them Disney dollars to use on the trip instead.