PDA

View Full Version : What Park Do I Go To First?

Bubsy
04-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi,

My family and I are arriving at WDW on Friday, April 16 until April 20 and would like some advice as to which park we should go to first.

We plan to be on the WDW grounds around 11:00am.

My thoughts are MK or DS.

What do you guys think?

Thanks very much.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
If this is your first visit, I gotta say you have to go to MK first.

Bubsy
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Dean,

This is not our first time, but I was trying to get a "feel" for the crowds at MK vs. DS, in particular, the Toy Story Mania ride.

Do you think I will be able to get on TS Mania if I arrive at 11:00am or I am better off trying to go to DS when the park opens, say on Monday, April 19, to get on this ride?

Thanks.

faline
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Toy Story Mania is very popular and fast passes go very quickly. By mid-day, it's likely that, if fast passes are left, they will be for much later in the day and the stand-by time is likely to be quite long. I'd probably opt for the Magic Kingdom and head to Toy Story Mania at park opening or shortly thereafter.

Bubsy
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Faline,

Thanks for the advice.

In addition, I will be traveling with my 8 year old son w/ Autism and I will be getting a GAP for him.

What would be your estimate for the stand-by line?

Thanks.

Touchdown
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Looks like the 16th is EMH Night at Epcot, also it appears that Spectromagic runs at the MK that night as well.

I love Epcot EMH nights, they are great, but since this is your first visit the pull to go to the MK is going to be pretty strong. I would suggest Epcot, but knowing me if I was in your position I would go to the MK.

I wouldnt do DHS since there is no Fantasmic that night.

faline
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
The GAP card may help you in this case. The standby lines we saw, even in relatively low crowd times, often exceeded 60 minutes mid day.

Still, with a child with autism, you might want a more low-key arrival day. You'll already be dealing with a major deviation from routine on a travel day which can be pretty stressful for your son. Given the wide range of abilities on the autism spectrum you, of course, know your son the best and what he will, or will not, be able to tolerate.

Bubsy
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
As a point of reference, what would the wait time be for TS Mania on say, Sunday or Monday
when the park first opens?

Thanks very much.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree with Faline, at that time of day regardless of how busy DH is, Toy Story Mania will be busy. I think your option of going Monday the 19th is a better idea. Monday is late EMH at DH, might push some people to a later arrival that day.

faline
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
As a point of reference, what would the wait time be for TS Mania on say, Sunday or Monday
when the park first opens?

Thanks very much.

When the park first opens, it depends on how quickly you get to Toy Story Mania. If you stop for fast passes first, you might see a stand by wait of 20-30 minutes pretty quickly (but it will, in reality, be more like 15-20 minutes). If you don't stop for fast passes first, it might to more like 10-20 minutes standby.

mjm12000
04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
If it is your first trip to the world I would say to do the Magic Kingdom first... I always do it first no matter what time or day I arrive, it just gets the magic started perfectly.

bruin1344
04-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Toy Story Mania is very popular and fast passes go very quickly. By mid-day, it's likely that, if fast passes are left, they will be for much later in the day and the stand-by time is likely to be quite long. I'd probably opt for the Magic Kingdom and head to Toy Story Mania at park opening or shortly thereafter.

i agree

FriendsofMickey
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
First, do you have park hoppers? That makes a difference because based on that you might hop from one park to another.

It looks like DHS closes at 7 on Friday, so unless you want an early close or have the park hopper option your better bet is either MK (open until 10PM) or EPCOT (has Extra Magic Hours until midnight). Also, if you want to see Fantasmic, then it shows on Saturday night (twice) and then not again until the day you are leaving.
Fantasmic is a must do for us, so we would do HS on Saturday night.

For MK: The spectromagic is showing every day of your stay (or atleast that is what it looks like), so really the only "must" do in my book that you will need to schedule around is Fantasmic.

If it were me planning, I think I would plan:
MK - 16th
HS - 17 th
EPCOt - 18th
AK - 19th (early EMH)
MK - 20th.

That is assuming that you are going to hit a park the last day of your visit. Otherwise, I would Do EPCOT on the 16th and then MK on the 18th (because MK is a favorite here).

IMO you need to be at HS first thing in the morning to ride the TSM. When we were there in September (which is supposed to be a slower time), TSM was packed after the first 30 to 45 minutes.
Have Fun!
:mickey:

Bubsy
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes, I have hopper tickets and thanks to all for your input and valued advice.

Here is my itinerary:

16 - MK (Tomorrow land & Adventure land)
17 - MK (Frontier land & Fantasy Land)
18 - DS / Epcot
19 - AK
20 - open

We are meeting family members on the 17th for a surprise "50th" birthday party and that is the first park that they are going to and we want to be their to surprise the birthday girl.

faline
04-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Sounds good!

Darbylew
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I would do MK on the first day. I like to end up
the last day at MK as well. Go early to DS and
go straight to Toy Story for fast passes and the
same for Soarin at Epcot. Sounds like you have
a great plan. Have a fun time! :mickey:

johnO
04-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Mk

homeschool mom
04-14-2010, 09:44 PM
We always go to MK first. It is our family tradition.