PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon....is this true?

stitch34
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Heard that Whispering Canyon may be cutting out all the antics that is apart of your dining experience here...is this true?!?!?!

I, for one, surely hope not. All the funny antics that goes on here is what makes dining here so special. Couldn't imagine this place without it and IMHO I think the food is just average and don't think it's good enough to stand alone.

jenperich
04-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Oh my gosh, I hope not! We're going there in Oct because of the antics! :-)

DVC2004
04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Haven't heard that, and hopefully that's not true. I would miss it terribly without all the fun.

DizneyRox
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, there's no additional compensation provided for entertainment as part of the DDP. Places like HDD or the Luau charge two credits for "antics". Nobody would pay two credits for WCC however.

I'd believe if they took it away... It's probably/hopefully another rumor however.

Chic-a-pin
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but the 2 times we ate there in November, I remarked to my husband I couldn't believe how quiet and subduded it was compared to multiple other visits :confused:

biodtl
04-13-2010, 09:11 AM
I hope not - we love WCC and can't wait to take some family members there on our next trip (it's their 1st trip & we want to make it as fun as possible).

I can't imagine why they would stop it, though. Unless it someone cost WDW more to do it - if they paid the servers more money or something, I don't see any reason not to keep it up.

LandFan
04-13-2010, 09:16 AM
We went there for lunch a year and a half ago or so with my niece for the first time. I had her order ketchup and more soda and everything and they didn't do ANY of the gags. I was REALLY disappointed! We only went for that reason and we will probably never be back unless we stay at WL... I did have an AWESOME salad there though!!!

stitch34
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Okay so I read on a different site that someone called down to Whipsering Canyon and said they majorly towned down the "antics" during lunch reservations but breakfast and dinner are still the same old tricks... I hope this is true...

FriendsofMickey
04-13-2010, 10:22 AM
We went last September for dinner and they did them still (Ketchup at least).

buzznwoodysmom
04-13-2010, 10:32 AM
As of last June the antics were good as ever for dinner. We did, however, have lunch there about 6 years ago and I asked our server why they weren't doing the antics and she said that they did not do it much for lunch, only breakfast and dinner. So I don't think the toning down of lunchtime is something new. Like I said it was 6 years ago. We have an ADR for dinner in June with extended family and we are all looking forward to having a fun experience.

darthmacho
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
I've got dinner plans there for the kids in August. I hope it is as lively as ever. My 9 year old has been waiting a long time to ride a wooden horse there! :(

A&M'sMommy
04-13-2010, 11:54 AM
We were just there in February and they did all the usuals that we expected. It was a blast.

laprana
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I also hope this isn't true! While the food is good, the antics are what make this place special for my family. We're eating at WCC the first night of our May trip, so hopefully it will be as fun and crazy as ever!

PlutoPlanet
04-14-2010, 11:43 AM
We were there on March 25th. The antics were still there as was at least one of the cast members, MT, from a few years ago.

CU Tiger
04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
What would the point be to go to the WC then? :confused: The food is just OK. I figure the CMs would rather work here than other locations since they can have some fun.:mickey: