PDA

View Full Version : Disney Psychics - I need your help!

DisneyFr33k
04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Ok, I need those of you with the Disney crytal ball to get it out and dust it off.

What are the chances that they will offer the free standard dining plan again in October?

When will the Fall deals come out in general (accommodations and all)?

PopPhan
04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Highly unlikely in October as this is Food & Wine Festival time. It is starting to look grim for them even offering Free Dining, in any aspect, for the mid-August thru September time frame, as it had already been offered by this time in previous years.

faline
04-12-2010, 11:54 AM
They have been sending out pin codes for free quick service dining plans. The latest pin code offer I know about is valid through mid-August. If they release free dining to the general public, it's possible they will go this route instead of the regular dining plan.

DizneyRox
04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Right now it seems to be a game of chicken. I^DOger has gone on record saying they want to cut back on discounts later this year.

People have grown accustomed to the "discounts" and probably part of the reason why so many people went. Disney is probabyl looking daily trying to see if there's a drop in bookings, if people really are put off by it, and running the numbers to see how it impacts the bottom line.

They did the same thing with AP discounts a few years ago, they just all of the sudden dried up, and the outcry was worse than the shot heard round the world!

If you want discounts, my advice is to NOT plan a trip until they show up. The way disney discounts is based on occupancy in the rooms. If occupancy is high, there is no need to discount to fill the rooms. Those that book hoping for a discount are doing themselves a disservice as you are inflating the occupancy levels in the resorts which impacts if a discount will actually be offered.

My guess though it anything they offer is going to be pretty shoddy compared to prior years. Dining will probably be based on the resort level, and I wouldn't be surprised to see no "free" dining offered in the values. The way the DDP has worked is it's a better "value" for those staying in a value resort, about a wash in a moderate and a loss (for guests) at the Deluxe hotels. I can see the QSDP offeed in the moderates and DDP offered for the deluxe hotels, that way it's profitable no matter which way it's sliced. Of course I'm guessing, I don't have any inside knowledge, just going by prior experience with the mouse and the bean counters that work for them.

ransam
04-12-2010, 12:04 PM
For what it's worth, last august they were offering bounce back offers in the Value for free dining starting August 15 through december. I think it's a coincidence that all offers end August 14th. Something is coming. i would guess it will be free dining like in the past. but it will not continue through december like it did last year.

DisneyFr33k
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM
For what it's worth, last august they were offering bounce back offers in the Value for free dining starting August 15 through december. I think it's a coincidence that all offers end August 14th. Something is coming. i would guess it will be free dining like in the past. but it will not continue through december like it did last year.

I remember this as we've gone the past 4 Octobers and last October was the only free dining offer. We are hoping it will happen again. The rumor around my travel agents office (AAA) is that some form of free dining will happen... just not sure what.

But I do like the way you're thinking ransam!

Keeping my :fingers:

E-OR
04-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Ransam and love2travel I hope you are right. We started going to WDW in September a few years ago. Not because of free dining we just really like this time of year; the free dining was a great added perk. We are planning to go again and would love the free dining (or even a great discount on our room) would be awesome. I keep watching for something every morning. Hope you are right and that something will pop up soon!

gollybass
04-13-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm finding myself hoping more and more for a percentage off the resort than free dining, I can't see us wanting to be tied down to reservations the whole time we are there

gollybass
04-13-2010, 02:11 PM
and just after I say this I get a pin through for 30% off moderate resorts!