PDA

View Full Version : Making ADR's online vs. by phone at 180 days?

wdwluv
04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Is one way better than the other once you are at 180 days? How does the 180 +10 work online?? At what time can you start making them?

PetefromRI
04-12-2010, 09:50 AM
I love the online system.Less hassle and alot quicker.

Carolanne
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
I love the online system.Less hassle and alot quicker.

Bingo :thumbsup:! I made my mom's ADR's for her (she's going to POFQ in Sept) at her 180 day mark. I was on my laptop at 6:00 AM sharp & was able to get all the ADR's she wanted.

For the 180 +10 online, you'll need your trip confirmation number & I believe you also need the last name of the primary guest.

I really do prefer booking ADR's online vs booking on the phone. Like PetefromRI said, it's less hassel & a lot quicker.

Disney4us2
04-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I just did two this morning. It was very easy. This is my first time using the online system. I love it.

buzznwoodysmom
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I have found the online ADR system much quicker and easier to make our trip ADRs than calling in.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
To get the 180+10 benefit online, you have to click on "Retrieve Your Reservation" when you are on your first booking page. You enter your confirmation number, last name of Primary guest, arrival date and Resort, and after the confirmation is "retrieved" the date calendar will the give you the option to select 180 + x days out.

However, you can only do this once you are at your 180 day mark, meaning you can't "experiment" on how to get the 180+10 benefit to appear 183 days out, because the system will not change anything when you go through the steps. However, the system will give you the 180+x once you reach 6am (eastern) of your 180 mark.

vicster
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
I also did my first online ADR last month and loved it.

TheDuckRocks
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I now do my 180+10 ADRs online at 6AM eastern time and then at 7 AM if there are any I wasn't able to get I give them a call.

sydzach
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I was unaware you could make ADR's online-can someone give me the scoop on that. Also, from reading here it appears you MUST have booked your Disney hotel before making your ADR-is that true? We are planning a trip in November but have not actually booked it yet-waiting to see if we get any discounts. I have been in contact with folks are magical journeys and they have said you can book and then if any discounts come along, they will discount your price-obvioulsy we need to go ahead and book if you do indeed have to have your hotel reservation to book the character meal.

vicster
04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I was unaware you could make ADR's online-can someone give me the scoop on that. Also, from reading here it appears you MUST have booked your Disney hotel before making your ADR-is that true?

Only if you want to make reservations for up to 10 days. Dining reservations are not exclusive to Disney Resort guests. If you don't have a resort reservation you have to call or book online every day at the 180 day mark.

sydzach
04-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks, do you go to Disney.com to make reservations online? I would like to try that route this time, calling the 1-800 was a pain when we did it years ago. Not to say online will be better but I prefer online over phone any day.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Where to make ADRs on DisneyWorld.com is not very obvious in my opinion. You need to search the Disney site for whatever restaurant you want to book, then in the search results click on the one that says the name of the restaurant followed by "- Dining Reservations" . Or you can browse to that restaurant's web-page within the Disney website and then click on "Make A Reservation."

It's not the same as when you can go to the Disney homepage and search for availability of all resorts from one central webpage. You have to keep jumping around to each restaurant's web-page to make ADRs.

vicster
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks, do you go to Disney.com to make reservations online? I would like to try that route this time, calling the 1-800 was a pain when we did it years ago. Not to say online will be better but I prefer online over phone any day.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

Bad Wolf
05-06-2010, 08:21 AM
It's not the same as when you can go to the Disney homepage and search for availability of all resorts from one central webpage. You have to keep jumping around to each restaurant's web-page to make ADRs.

If you're just browsing around for what might be available during your stay, then it isn't as user friendly. I also wanted to search by meal time (B, L, D, S) and there wasn't an option for that. Bummer, since I wanted to broaden my options for breakfast.

I would assume, though, that most people already have their times, dates, and places picked out, so in that respect, it is more user friendly than calling. They know exactly whats what and can get right to it.