PDA

View Full Version : Is it completely Rediculous for a 40 year old woman to do BBB?

wdwluv
04-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Was chatting with a mutually Disney crazy friend of mine, who said she wore a tiara all week for her trip. :mickey: Something like that had never even crossed my mind, then I started thinking how fun it is for my girls to get their makeovers, maybe I would like it too? But will I look completely rediculous?

Jeniflower
04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Every Girl should get the chance to be a princess no matter what what age. I say if you wan't to do it then you should:princess:

vicster
04-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Go for it!!!

Disney4us2
04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I would do it. What women/girl does not like a make over. The exception being my 10yo DD. I would do it and I will be 56 soon.:secret::blush:

I would go for it. Have fun.:mickey:

DVC2004
04-12-2010, 10:12 AM
While I personally wouldn't do it, I wouldn't care if someone else did. You only live once, and I am sure you wouldn't be the first!

1DisneyNut
04-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I believe BBB is meant for children but I'm sure you wouldn't be the first adult. However, I would make myself scarce quickly if it was my wife in BBB. lol Honestly though, I would be more concerned with your friend who wore a tiara all week long. That is a bit odd in my book.

Zippy 1
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I think it would be great fun to be a princess for a day at any age! I say if it something you want to do go for it. You only live once and you should enjoy every minute!!!

Ian
04-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I've actually seen adult women who had clearly gone to the BBB. Although in fairness they were definitely more like in their late teens or early 20's. I've never seen anyone who looked like they were 40.

My opinion is if you want to do it, go right ahead. Personally, if my wife did it, I'd spend the day at a different park, but that's just me.

I think people should feel free to be a kid when they're in WDW, though, so go for it if you really want to.

BrerGnat
04-12-2010, 12:45 PM
If I had a daughter, I'd be really hesitant to let HER do the BBB experience.

Those little girls come out looking a little too much like those "Toddlers & Tiaras" pageant girls...which is so creepy to me.

I'm glad I have boys. And, as a 31 year old woman, I wouldn't even THINK of doing the BBB. I wouldn't have even wanted to as a little girl, though. I was a tomboy. ;)

But, to each her own, as they say.

Scar
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
It certainly can't look any odder than grown men walking around in mouse ears. :mickey:

Which reminds me, I saw a 20 something year old woman in mouse ears shopping in a grocery store here in NJ a few weeks ago. :crazy:

Tick-Tock
04-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd rather spend the money at a spa for some grown-up pampering.

wdwluv
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
oooooo - now that's the thing Tick Tock!

NewDVCowner
04-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I say if it's something you want to do - go for it! It's your time, your money and your hair - go ahead and put all the sparkles in it you want! Heck, when I'm at DL with my mom (63) and sisters (all around 30 - give or take a few years) we'll always stop at the woman outside BBB to get a little glitter sprinkled on us! I can see the appeal. You're on vacation. Chances are you'll never see any of these people again, who cares what they think! Do what you want to do! :mickey:

wantthreewishes
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
On our recent trip to WDW, my 7 year old nephew walked around wearing pirate stuff all week...on the way to the airport he decided he didn't want to be a pirate anymore, but we had nowhere to put all his stuff. SO I walked around the Orlando airport wearing a pirate hat and eyepatch carring a hook and sword...I got lots of interesting comments both there and when we landed in Branson Mo! I am 40 and would have much rather been a princess! Lol!

LVT
04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Go GO GO I am 53.

mouseketeer mom
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
My 16 yo daughter did BBB last week for her Sweet Sixteen. The cast members asked me if I'd like a makeover along with her. I declined, but they said, lots of Mom's get it done along with their daughters! They said BBB is for ages 3-100.

Dznygrl79
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
I am in my thirties and have worn Mickey Ears, Princess crowns, and winnie the pooh tattoos at Disney World. I think its part of the fun, I would think twice about doing it anyplace else, though I will admit that much of my wardrobe is Disney shirts and I wear them everyplace. I think if you wanna do it go for it Disney is a place for dreams and dreaming. Also if my nieces or Goddaughter wanted to do it I would go with them ( we are also a large group of tom boys and dresses are not our thing). Dream your dream and do not care what others think.

SBETigg
04-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh, go for it. Life is short. Enjoy!

WishingStar2006
04-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I am well into my 50's and I wear my golden sparkled ears (from the 50th anniversary) all day, every day while in WDW. It's all about what you want to do...WDW you are free to be yourself and if that inner DIVA wants a BBB...then by all means...ENJOY!!!

BluewaterBrad
04-14-2010, 04:50 PM
We visit WDW to be kids again. Do whatever makes you happy!!:mickey:

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm with Bluewater Brad...there's no such thing as age at WDW! Where else CAN you be a bonifide princess? Go for it!

RedSoxandPatsfan
04-18-2010, 10:00 AM
For NYE I booked appointments for my niece and her mother (37). She said she had a blast they both got the same package and got comments all day long.

I say go for it! It'll be fun.

LauraByTheSea
04-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Do it! :mickey: I almost bought a tiara this time around, but must've gotten sidetracked - forgot all about it...

Tinkerfreak
04-18-2010, 01:52 PM
I wear a tiara whenever I am at Disney and feel totally fine with it. Disney is a place for being a princess and acting goofy and being a kid again. I say go for it and wear your crown proudly.

wdwluv
04-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks SO much everyone! Your opinions really help!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-19-2010, 07:46 PM
We leave in three days. Our tiaras are packed! :wave:

princessgirls
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey why not? You only live once...

I've seen plenty of grandpa's with paint in their hair and confetti from the Main Street Barber.

Enjoy!!!

Julie:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-20-2010, 03:39 PM
The only time I have worn a tiara was at my wedding. And since I am married for life, I won't get the chance again.

But, when you walk on Disney Property, "normal" rules change. You are able to wear a tiara, pirate hat, goofy hat, full ball gown, minnie ears with wedding veil, gigantic mickey hands, etc, and fit right in! And that's not even MHSSHP!!!

Don't conform - CONFIRM your inner princess!

All 3 of us girls wear our tiaras! :princess:

homeschool mom
04-25-2010, 05:41 PM
We will be celebrating our youngest DDs 16th at WDW soon and she said the other day she may like to go to BBB to celebrate. I guess if she really wants to, she may as well do it. Of course this is the same "princess" who plays sports with the big boys so I will be very surprised if she actually goes through with it. :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
05-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Heck no, girl!! NOTHING is ridiculous @ WDW for anyone of any age!!:mickey: