PDA

View Full Version : People on dining plam

JoDisney
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
We just returned from Disney. We enjoy ourselves very much. I must report that there were many disagreements with guests concerning the dining plan at the food court. Actually, I would like to see cashiers earmarked just for the dining plan guests, as there are long lines and longer discussions concerning what food is allowed on their particular dining plan. It is so long and really something I would not like to hear in line. Many people can be quite disagreeable and embarrassing. It is a shame.

forever a child
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. :( Makes me glad that we are not on the dining plan though. Shouldn't be any problems with cash!

DVC2004
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I agree there is usually alot of confusion abut the dining plan and it causes waits in line. When we were there in December we experienced this at POR food court. A dad was in line with 3 small kids, 4 or 5 trays, and there was some confusion over kids drinks. He had to leave the line (and his kids and trays) to go get what they were entitled to under the DP. I think your idea about the "express" line is good- however with WDW tightening the belt they probably wouldn't want to spend the extra $$ to staff...

Tinkerfreak
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
We found the same problem at the food court at CBR in November. The problem was that it seemed there was such inconsistency with what was allowed on the plan. One day we were allowed a large orange juice with our breakfast and the next day we would be told it had to be a small one. If there were signs stating what is allowed for each meal it would help people get it all set before they got in line. I was so frustrated many times when I would be in line just to get one thing and I would have to wait for the other 3 people in line to each go get something or replace a large drink for a small drink etc. while everyone behind them had to wait. I agree an express lane would be great. It was not only chaotic, stressful and time consuming for the person cashing out but also for everyone in line behind them.

ransam
04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
i can honestly say we have never had a problem w/ the dining plan. Never any unusual waits...for us it's always beem very smooth.

JoF
04-12-2010, 05:30 AM
We had free QS dining plan in October - thought it was great and saved a lot of money.
However, it did depend on which CM was on the checkout each morning as to what you were allowed or what combination you could have. Didn't have a problem with long lines though...:)

Disney Doll
04-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Agreed! People on the dining plan never seem to know how their credits can be used and the CMs don't seem to know much more leading to loengthy discussions at check out. It's very frustrating. An express checkout for non dining plan guests would be awesome.

SBETigg
04-12-2010, 07:41 AM
I can't see them doing that, because it makes the dining plan seem like more of a hassle. They want the DP to be as user friendly and seamlessly blending in with regular dining as possible. I think it is. It's pretty straight-forward what you get or don't get and everything is well-marked on menus. The real problem seems to be with some CMs making allowances for things that really aren't on the plan and then others taking the heat for that once guest expectation is raised. It works well in the parks and in most quick service locations. Maybe Disney needs to look into better training for CMs as far as what is and is not included in the plan, so that they're all consistent.

JoDisney
04-12-2010, 08:07 AM
The drinks are the small ones on the dining plan. Disney had a refrigerator area earmarked for those on the dining plan with small orange juice, small milk, small water, etc.

TheVBs
04-12-2010, 08:39 AM
We've run into those long discussions, from both perspectives. We had the dining plan the first year it was out (I think) and confusion on both the guest and CM ends was rampant, primarily in the food court at the resort. When we were there last May, we didn't have the dining plan, but I did notice that things were clearly marked as being on the plan, which was great! The only hold ups in the lines that time was when the CM was just trying to make sure the guests got everything they were entitled to. Can't get mad about that.:mickey:

Stu29573
04-12-2010, 08:45 AM
We had the dining plan in June and never had or saw any problems. All the CMs seemed very well versed on it, and the guests were ok with it as well.... Maybe its an off-season issue?

PetefromRI
04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
We've always had a great experience with the CM's.I think that alot of people just have no idea what they are getting themselves into when they go to Disney in general(not in a bad way).I just spoke with a family that's friends with my brother and they were leaving for Disney the nexy day and didn't even realize that they were staying concierge at the Poly with the deluxe dining plan.They had no idea how the DP worked and I told them that with the concierge snacks in the club they would never be able to eat all the food that they were intitled to on the Deluxe plan.
They had a great time but they also learned alot while there for the next time.Wow,I really went on a tangent with this but I think you get the idea.
I think your right though,a seperate line for DDP would be great for all the people paying OOP.I just don't think that the average tourist does much research into a Disney trip and especially the DDP.

DizneyRox
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
... Can't get mad about that.:mickey:
Except my meal is now getting cold because someone (CM or guest) doesn't understand their dining plan.

We noticed this at the Mara at AKL as well, although they did seems to staff pretty well. The food courts in geenral are not very consistent though.

For example, at AKL Mara you order your food, get your food and then check out. At SSR, you order your food, pay for your food, then pick up your food. It's been a while since I've been at other CS locations at resorts.

There's a ton of confusion surrounding the DDP, which is the reason why the menus are changing to accomodate it, etc. Not a good situation if you ask me, but usually people don't.

DisneyFr33k
04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
We've only had issues with breakfast items, coming out with 8 drinks for 4 of us. And yes, each cashier is different.

I think they should have a poster hung somewhere central that spells out what you get, indicating size of drinks (OJ for instance) etc. That way it will leaving nothing in question and the inconsistancy goes away, making lines move faster.