PDA

View Full Version : Movies Under the stars

JellyMango
04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Hello! I will be visiting Disney World in June 2010 with my nephew (5 yrs.). We will be staying at all stars Music. I read that they show "Movies Under the Stars." Can anyone tell me what types of movies are played and if a 5 yr old would enjoy them? What time do they typicallly start? Is it easy to get a seat? Thank you!!

Alaska Disney Fan
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
If I remember they start about 9:00. They are shown in between the pool and the mainbuilding. Depending on the crowds and the movie it can be hard to get a seat, but basically you grab a lounger or chair from around the pool and pull it up or just watch it in the pool. They usually start the evening by playing Wii on the big screen. The Movies they play are all family type movies (I think the last one we saw was Herbie - new version), I would think that your 5 year old would enjoy them, if they can make it that late at night, sometimes I didn't even make it that long :sleepin:.

megustamex
04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
They are all Disney family movies, like Hannah Montana and such. Appropriate for all ages. We didn't do it but it looked really fun when we walked by. I love All Star Music, they also have fun games and Disney pop music by the pool all day.

the other micki
04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to say...:welcome: to Intercot! You'll love it here! That's really neat about the night time movies at ASMusic! I wonder if there are any other resorts that offer this besides ASMusic and Ft. Wilderness?

KODABEAR
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
The Beach Club also shows movies every evening near the beach:swim:

Amy_617
04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I was thinking CR had Movies under the stars as well.....

If you google search it, it will bring up a list of resorts that do it, times, and what movies are playing on what days.

Amy_617
04-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Sunday Meet the Robinson
Monday Bolt
Tuesday Vote for Enchanted, 102 Dalmatians, or Bedtime Stories
Wednesday Vote for Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, or Wall-E
Thursday Vote for Robin Hood, The Sword & The Stone, or Rescuers
Friday UP
Saturday The Princess & The Frog

I found the schedule for ASMus. It also stated movies start aprox 9 pm.

Hope this helps!

JellyMango
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank you so much!! This is awesome info! So glad I picked All stars music. I appreciate all the feedback!