PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading ticket to get more 'fun visits'

Julie_Mouse
04-11-2010, 02:21 PM
We leave in 28 days! :cloud9:

We have a 7 day park-hopper with water park and more option. I can't exactly find the place where it says this now, but I think this means we get 7 'fun visits'... can anyone confirm this?

Also, 3 guys in our group will be using their visits to golf at Oak trail. Between golfing at Oak Trail, Disney Quest, and visiting the water parks with the rest of the group, I'm worried they might run out of fun visits before the end of our stay. I know that when you already have a 7-day ticket, the cost of adding an additional day or 2 is very minimal. Would it make sense to add, like, 2-3 days to their tickets just so they don't run out of fun visits? How much would this run us? (They're all adults) Would we need to do this before we start using the tickets, or could we do it when we realize that they need more visits?

Getting soooooo excited! :mickey3:

DizneyRox
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I believe it would be better to add days to the ticket vs buying water park tickets separately. Cost (once you use the ticket would be the price difference between current ticket and whatever you upgrade to. Doesn't matter what the original cost of the ticket was. If you don't use the ticket first, then it goes by original purchase price and current ticket price.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes, adding "park" days in order to get more "WP&M" entrys makes perfect sense.

Days 8, 9, & 10 would only cost you $3.20 for EACH day (or $9.59 for all 3 days) tax included, so they are practically giving them away!

It is true that 7 days equals 7 visits, so upgrading to 10 days will give you 10 visits. You cannot go any higher than 10 days without getting an annual pass, and that comes at a hefty price $$$.

There is no need to upgrade until you know you need them, as long as you have used them at least once, the price will be the same no matter when you do it.

zcrsdad
04-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I thought the "fun & more" was one visit each day. So theoretically, you get 7 visits to the water park, 7 visits to disney quest, 7 golf, etc. So you should be able to go to Disney Quest and Water park and that count once.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

biodtl
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought the "fun & more" was one visit each day. So theoretically, you get 7 visits to the water park, 7 visits to disney quest, 7 golf, etc. So you should be able to go to Disney Quest and Water park and that count once.

No - you get one visit of your choice per day, but not one of each. You can use more than one in a day, but it will count as 2 visits.

divinedi
04-12-2010, 12:16 PM
So, I'm a little confused here, if you buy say a 7 day base pass and add the Water Parks option, do you get 7 days at the parks plus 7 visits to the fun options (which includes Disney Quest, water parks etc.)? Or is it 7 visits to any and all, period?

Thanks!

cfoshe
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
The way I understand it is if you have a 7 day base ticket, you get to go 7 days to a park like mk. Then you also have 7 times that you can use like at Disney Quest, Water park. If you go to Disney Quest in the morning, then go to a water park in the afternoon on the same day, you have used 2 out of the 7 which would leave you 5 more to use for the rest of your stay.

Goofy4TheWorld
04-12-2010, 12:52 PM
It is helpful to understand that the way the ticketing system works for MK, AK, DHS, and EPCOT is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the way it works for BB, TL, DQ, and Golf. Also, a 7-day WP&M ticket would give you 7 days of park entry (MK, AK, DHS, EPCOT) and 7 visits to the WP&M locations (BB, TL, DQ, Golf.) These are two separate entitlements (7 days AND 7 visits) that have different rules for how they are used.

A 7-day Water Park & More WITH Park Hopper Pass (which is what the OP has purchased) gives you seven days worth of entry into MK, AK, DHS, and EPCOT for as MANY TIMES as you want to go in and out of and combination of these four parks for any 7 days you want to enter these parks, as long as all 7 days are used within 14 days of the ticket's first day of use. Please note that this description applies only to park-hopper tickets, as without the PH option, you could only visit one of these four parks per day.

However, BB, TL, DQ, and Golf work exactly the opposite. Each time you enter one of these "parks" it cost you one "plus" visit. If you did all four "plus/attractions" in one day, you would have used 4 plus visits. You can even do all 4 "plus" attractions in one day without having to have the park-hopper option. Again, this is the exact opposite of how in works at the four main parks, but is how it works for the "plus" attractions.

For example, if you were to visit MK in the am, then go to a water park in the pm, you would use both a "day" AND a "plus" on your tickets. On that same day, if after doing MK and a water park, you travel to Disney Quest at night, you will heave used one "day" and two "plus visits".

One gray area that I am not 100% sure on is say if you visit Blizzard Beach in the am, go home to nap, the re-enter Blizzard Beach in the pm, is whether you are allowed re-entry using your am "visit" or if re-entry will cost you another "visit." I am sure someone will clear that up shortly.

CleveRocks
04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
One gray area that I am not 100% sure on is say if you visit Blizzard Beach in the am, go home to nap, the re-enter Blizzard Beach in the pm, is whether you are allowed re-entry using your am "visit" or if re-entry will cost you another "visit." I am sure someone will clear that up shortly.Re-entering the same water park on the same day does not use up another WPF&M admission.

CleveRocks
04-12-2010, 04:35 PM
So, I'm a little confused here, if you buy say a 7 day base pass and add the Water Parks option, do you get 7 days at the parks plus 7 visits to the fun options (which includes Disney Quest, water parks etc.)? Or is it 7 visits to any and all, period?

Thanks!Maybe a concrete example would help ...

A 7-day base ticket with the Water Park Fun & More option gives you 7 theme park days and 7 total WPF&M admissions.

MONDAY - You go to Magic Kingdom only. Remaining entitlements: 6 theme park days and 7 WPF&M admissions.

TUESDAY - You go to Epcot in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, and then back to Epcot at night. Remaining entitlements: 5 theme park days and 6 WPF&M admissions.

WEDNESDAY - You go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon and then DisneyQuest that night. Remaining entitlements: 5 theme park days and 3 WPF&M admissions.

THURSDAY - Disney's Hollywood Studios all day. Remaining entitlements: 4 theme park days and 3 WPF&M admissions.

FRIDAY - You go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, play 9 holes of golf in the afternoon and then go to DisneyQuest that night. Remaining entitlements: 3 theme park days and 1 WPF&M admission.

And so on ....