PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

forever a child
04-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Friend of mine purchased tickets and one was for a child. They did not get to use them when planned and now the child would need an adult ticket. Tickets are still good and can be used. What should they do about the child ticket? I assume go to the ticket window and pay for the upgrade? Any suggestions?
Thanks!:mickey:

DizneyRox
04-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Correct, they will need to upgrade the ticket. They will get original purchase price credit for the unused child ticket towards the adult ticket. I'm not sure if they need to get the same type of ticket ( days, options, etc) however there will/should be a cost to upgrade, since it's unused.

forever a child
04-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Correct, they will need to upgrade the ticket. They will get original purchase price credit for the unused child ticket towards the adult ticket. I'm not sure if they need to get the same type of ticket ( days, options, etc) however there will/should be a cost to upgrade, since it's unused.

Thanks, that's what I thought but I just wanted to double check!:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
As usual, DizneyRox is correct.

If the ticket had already been partially used (and of course had the No Expiration option), the upgrade to an adult ticket would be free. But since it's an unused ticket, Disney has no way of knowing if it truly was legitimately bought for that now 10+ year old person who was a child at the time it was bought, and that's why you'd need to pay for the upgrade now.

Of course, you never know, there could be a teeny-tiny chance that a ticket booth cast member could believe the story and somehow magically provide a free upgrade as if it were a partially-used ticket, but that truly would be magical since it's against the rules.

Goofy Pluto
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Whoa! So let me understand this...

If I was to buy children's tickets now, use a day, then go back in 10 years, they'd upgrade those tickets to adult tickets for free (since those kids are now "adults")?

Scar
04-14-2010, 02:12 PM

If I was to buy children's tickets now, use a day, then go back in 10 years, they'd upgrade those tickets to adult tickets for free (since those kids are now "adults")?It would not be free, you still have to pay the difference between child and adult. You just wouldn't have to pay the surcharge for upgrading.

(I personaly don't know this for a fact, just what I've read.)

Goofy4TheWorld
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM

If I was to buy children's tickets now, use a day, then go back in 10 years, they'd upgrade those tickets to adult tickets for free (since those kids are now "adults")?

Yes, that is how it works. Disney will upgrade, for FREE, any PREVIOUSLY USED child's ticket to an adult ticket.

It would not be free, you still have to pay the difference between child and adult. You just wouldn't have to pay the surcharge for upgrading.

(I personally don't know this for a fact, just what I've read.)

You only have to pay for the upgrade if the Child's Ticket is totally unused. If the ticket was ever used as a child, they will give you the upgrade for free.

Scar
04-14-2010, 03:49 PM
OK, thinking this out, that makes sense now. If anyone even thought about trying it they would have to get the no experation option and that would cost more than just getting the adult ticket in the first place.

CleveRocks
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
It would not be free, you still have to pay the difference between child and adult. You just wouldn't have to pay the surcharge for upgrading.

(I personaly don't know this for a fact, just what I've read.)
No.

Number one, there would be no charge for that person to have his/her ticket changed from a child ticket to an adult ticket. Disney doesn't penalize people for getting older. ;)

But when you wrote "pay the surcharge for upgrading" ... there is no such thing. Never in all my Disney life have I heard of Disney charging a fee simply to allow upgrading. Yes, you pay the difference in price between the ticket you have and the ticket you want, but you don't get charged another separate fee on top of that.

Goofy Pluto
04-15-2010, 04:17 PM
OK, thinking this out, that makes sense now. If anyone even thought about trying it they would have to get the no experation option and that would cost more than just getting the adult ticket in the first place.

OK, so you would have to buy a child's ticket with a no expiration option and use it once. That's right?

DizneyRox
04-15-2010, 06:04 PM
You don't have to.. If you want to upgrade a child ticket, then with the current MYW ticket system, you would hae needed to purchase the no expiration option in order to be able to use days in the future.

Otherwise the unused days expire 14 days after you first use it, so there wouldn't be a ticket to upgrade. Guests don't age while on vacation, so a child is a child for their entire stay, even over a vacation.

ThanxForNoticin
04-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I have what might seem like a stupid question.

If I have a 7 year-old and I buy him a 5-day park-hopper with no expiration. We use 3 days on the pass. 6 years later he's 13. You are saying that Disney will upgrade his last 2 days on that pass to an adult park-hopper ticket for free? If it's Disney policy to do this, why couldn't I just let my 13 year-old son use the last 2 days on his child's ticket instead of going through the extra effort to get the ticket exchanged for the exact same result? I probably just haven't thought this through very well...!!

CleveRocks
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I have what might seem like a stupid question.

If I have a 7 year-old and I buy him a 5-day park-hopper with no expiration. We use 3 days on the pass. 6 years later he's 13. You are saying that Disney will upgrade his last 2 days on that pass to an adult park-hopper ticket for free? Yes. If the ticket was bought for him, then he gets older, he is permitted to continue using that same ticket 'til it's gone.

If it's Disney policy to do this, why couldn't I just let my 13 year-old son use the last 2 days on his child's ticket instead of going through the extra effort to get the ticket exchanged for the exact same result? I probably just haven't thought this through very well...!!
Because an eagle-eyed cast member might notice a person who'd clearly older than 9 using a child's ticket, and then go up to your family and start asking questions, and so on. That'll take more time (and annoyance) than doing the upgrade.

ThanxForNoticin
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Because an eagle-eyed cast member might notice a person who'd clearly older than 9 using a child's ticket, and then go up to your family and start asking questions, and so on. That'll take more time (and annoyance) than doing the upgrade.

Fair enough! Thanks.