PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Lost

HoosierDisneyFan
04-10-2010, 02:37 PM
During my recent trtip to WDW I purchase an Annual Pass. Unfortunely somehow it has been lost...

Am I out of luck or can I get it replaced? How would I be able to do this?

Thanks!

ibrowse17
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Happened to me, and they were able to print a new one at a ticket window with my driver's license. That was a couple of years ago, so I hope it is still the same:thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
As long as it's still valid they should be able to replace it... Call 407-w-disney and ask to speak with guest relations. I am not sure how it will work from home. I lost mine one year when I was at WDW, as soon as I discovered it was missing I went to concierge at AKL (where we were staying). His answer to me was sorry they are not able to be replaced and that was it. I literally started crying. My husband called guest relations when we got back to the room and the CM was so nice, just told us to go to guest relations and present picture ID. It was no problem at all and they were so nice there. Anyway, start there and good luck.

DizneyRox
04-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I once didn't like the picture on my AP and had it "replaced" three times util I got one I liked. Acutally losing it is not a problem, it's one of the things the biometrics is good for.

jonahbear2006
04-11-2010, 01:49 AM
yes, we discussed this at the window, with the castmember at the time of purchase and he said, "ma'am we can fix just about anything here. you are in disney world." so i would not worry one bit.

CanadianWDWFan
04-11-2010, 09:18 AM
We had to produce our driver's license when we activated our passes. Curious, we asked why. We were told that if we lost the passes that all we would have to do is show our driver's license or what ever government issued photo ID we used when we activated the pass and we would get a new one. Also since our kids don't have any photo ID their passes are linked to my driver's license.

Darbylew
04-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I am sure that you can replace it. They have
all your information on hand so that should not
be a problem. One time my daughter lost her
seasonal pass and we went to guest relations
and they gave her another one after looking up
her information and of course she had to show
her ID. Good luck! ;)

HoosierDisneyFan
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the information!!

Luckily I just found the AP in my luggage (placed it in a pocket for safekeeping :thumbsup:).

KylesMom
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
His answer to me was sorry they are not able to be replaced and that was it. I literally started crying. My husband called guest relations when we got back to the room and the CM was so nice, just told us to go to guest relations and present picture ID. It was no problem at all and they were so nice there. I remember when I lost mine a few years back & also started crying. Went to Guest Relations at MK after our whole family was freaked out & they calmed me down awful quickly. They told me it wasn't a problem & tracked it from my DH's sequence # on the back of his card. What a shame that someone uninformed had to cause such a stir!

I'm glad you found your pass, Hoosier!

brad192
04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Dumb ol' CM's... Don't they understand:

There's no crying at WDW!...HEY!...There's No Crying At WDW!

Except....the last day of your vacation...:cry:

:D

MidnTPK
04-16-2010, 08:59 AM
CM have a lot of latitude to solve problems. I've had two incidents where the CMs replaced 'lost' admission media for me in a matter of minutes.

On a recent visit, I bought a 1 day park hopper for my niece at the ticket desk in the Swan. We went to the AK in the morning. At some point I left that ticket on top of a FP dispenser. When I went back to the Swan put my daughter down for her nap I realized I'd lost my niece's ticket. I explained what happened to the Disney CM at the desk and she replaced the ticket for me. Note that the ticket desk at the Swan and Dolphin are staffed by Disney CMs, not Starwood.

On another recent visit, we realized that that niece's water park annual pass was in her aunt's purse...in Maine. We explained that the ticket wasn't lost, but there's no way we could get it that day. The CM said no problem, printed out a new pass (after we provided my nieces name and address), and told us to discard the old pass.

DizneyRox
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Remember, the original question was regarding an Annual Pass. When you purchase an Annual Pass, you need to provide some ID that disney uses to link the ticket to you (as well as send you promotional stuff).

With a regular ticket, there normally isn't any link, so it's very tough to prove that it's actually lost, etc.

There is info on the ticket back that many have been able to use claim a lost ticket, but without that, I think the official policy is, sorry, it's gone. Recovery of an AP and a regular ticket are two different beasts, and a AP can ALWAYS be replaced with an ID matching the info on file.