PDA

View Full Version : ADR Observation

PittFan
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
If the availability of ADR's is any indication, reservations are down for the end of September and beginning of October. I have been making my ADR's for this period over the last week and I have gotten EVERY restaurant I've wanted around the time I've wanted, including LeCellier TWICE !!!! Maybe people are holding out to see if free dining will be offered or they are not booking if it isn't offered, either way there are definitely less people booking ADR's than the past few years. I couldn't even get an ADR for most of the places I wanted during the same weeks last year. Just an observation.

d_m_n_n
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Congratulations on your ADR's! You may be on to something. However it may also be the 180 day window. I'm only saying this because we go at the exact same time every other year in December. When the 180 day window was in effect, I could get *any* restaurant I wanted at the time I wanted. This past year we were planning our ADR's when it was still the 90 day window and we missed out on all of the times and some of the restaurants. People may still be holding out their plans, but some families may not know if they are even visiting yet!

TysMomTink
04-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I agree, PittFan. I got everything we wanted too at desired times. Amazing. For last year's September trip I didn't get an ADR at Ohana until August! And I started trying at the 90 day mark.

Georgesgirl1
04-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I think this has a lot to do with the 180 day window. I am trying to plan out our days in the park, so I can call for ADR's, but it is practically impossible since no official info has come out about park hours, EMH, MNSSHP or Food and Wine. I know my plans and the plans of many other people hinge on this information. I really dislike the 180 day window b/c of this.

PittFan
04-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Yesterday was my 170 day mark and I was able to book LeCellier at the exact time i wanted. I'm not even doing the 180 + 10. I am amazed at getting my ADR's on the first try. I know I've done the 180 + 10 in the past and also the 90 + 10 and have had to " settle" for off times or different restaurants than I wanted. This is during the F & W as well. The park calenders and EMH have been released for October & the dates of F & W are from October 1 - November 14. I hope you get the other info you need Georgesgirl1 so you can plan accordingly.

KAT1811
04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I hope you're right. I'm almost to the 180 day make. My ADRs are all planned just awaiting the time to log on and make them. I'm hoping for the new Italy restaurant at some point but i'll make alternative ADRs just in case. ;)

Georgesgirl1
04-10-2010, 04:33 PM
The park calenders and EMH have been released for October & the dates of F & W are from October 1 - November 14. I hope you get the other info you need Georgesgirl1 so you can plan accordingly.

Somehow I missed that this came out a few weeks ago. Thanks!
I know F and W dates have been released, but no information about seminars or kiosks have come put yet. I guess that's what I meant when I said F and W info hadn't come out yet.

the other micki
04-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I have noticed the very same thing. I've been on the online ressie system just checking things to see how busy it may be for next year. I didn't actually book anything, of course, but I could've gotten some really popular restaurants at a good time. I hope, based on this, that free dining will be offered this year and next!!!

Disoriented
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote: "I know F and W dates have been released, but no information about seminars or kiosks have come put yet. I guess that's what I meant when I said F and W info hadn't come out yet."

Just a note, you probably won't see any info on the F&W seminars until early to mid August

beksy
04-12-2010, 01:39 AM
I noticed this too. I started at 180 days but have done a lot of switching around with a lot less hassle than normal.

marlaine
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I think the main reason for availability is because Free Dining has not come out. I got everything I wanted, including Le Cellier and Chef Mickey's for the exact time I wanted them too. I think once Free Dining is announced, if it even is this year, we'll be back to the same old hassle for Sept.

#1donaldfan
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
....I don't think the 180 day mark has anything to do with it...!! we are 67 days out and the other day, probably at 77 days, we changed several ressies and added others and got EXACTLY what we wanted.....hopefully, the parks are a bit slower, as we're hoping, for the opening of the Harry Potter thing, over at that place......I'd love to visit with shorter lines in June !!:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM
We are 66 days out(:thumbsup:) and I made a reservation last week for 18 at Donalds Safari breakfast at the time and day that I wanted... I could really go with the theory of low crowds... The heat would be more tolarable with less people to deal with... I hope the week of June 20th that everyone will go see Harry instead of Mickey...:mickey:

PittFan
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Just finished making all of our ADR's. i was even able to change a few things around including the days we are eating at LeCellier with no problem. I got the times I wanted and everything, this is unreal. I have never been able to get an ADR for LeCellier at dinner time during the F & W Festival when it was EMH at EPCOT that day ... until this year !!! :cloud9:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Whatever the reason, I make my ADR's next Tuesday... Hoping to be just as lucky.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-17-2010, 10:15 AM
What a great way to start a vacation. Enjoy!

PittFan
05-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm just curious, has anybody had a difficult time getting ADR's now that Free Dining has been offered ?

Jennifer_and_Chris
05-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I made another ADR last week. Don't remember if dining was out or not but, I asked for a 5:00pm seating at Crystal Palace. I got either 4:35 or 6:40. Still counts as success to me.

dobby2010
05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I booked my ADRs on Tuesday for our sept trip with free dining and only had a little trouble getting times. Could not book Rose and Crown for dinner or Tony's for dinner (but got a lunch instead). Otherwise got all that we asked for at the time we asked for including California Grill during wishes. :cloud9: