PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for Chef Mickey's Breakfast

Georgesgirl1
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
How hard is it to get ADR's for Chef Mickey's? We want to go to Chef Mickey's on the morning of the day we go to MNSSHP, but since they haven't announced what days the DVC discounts will be on we don't know what day that will be. My 180 days is this coming Tuesday. Is this one of those places like CTR or Le Cellier that I am not going to get if I wait a few weeks for the discount days to be announced?

the other micki
04-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't think it's as difficult to get an ADR for CM's as it is for LeCellier, especially if you're flexible with your times. Chef Mickey's takes ADR's until, I think, 11:30, so if breakfast is booked, try for a brunch. Hope you get it!

Strmchsr
04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Outside of CRT, Chef Mickey's is the most popular of the character meals, so it's definitely difficult, but not impossible. I would suggest go ahead and choose a date for CM to book on your day 180. Then if you find it's not the right date you can attempt to switch later. If nothing is available on the night of your MNSSHP then at least you have something booked.

Zippy 1
04-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Both times we have tried for ADRs at Chef Mickeys we have had to be very flexible with our schedule. Not an impossible place to get after your 180 day window just need to be flexible on dates and times. Both times we got in just not on the days we had originally planned for.

faline
04-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Had breakfast at Chef Mickey's for the very fist time in December. The trip was my 2 year old nephew's first and my sister-in-law wanted to have breakfast here. She was able to get a reservation on her desired day but it was a very late breakfast seating and would have taken up most of the day.

I was able to book a better time of day for the following day which was also not ideal within our schedule.

Just a few days before leaving for Disney World (and after checking almost daily and, sometimes, multiple times in a day), I was able to snag a breakfast on the desired day with a desirable seating time.

It is very popular and can be hard to book into!

Jillirose
04-11-2010, 02:23 PM
My experience is that it books quickly. Then you have to be able to make very early or late ressies.... My suggestion is to book and then modify or try Cape May character breakfast if you can't get in to Chef Mickey's. We like it as much, and the characters seem to spend more table time.

beksy
04-12-2010, 01:36 AM
I agree with the pp's. When I am booking this is always the second or third one on my list since it is a must-do for my sister (sentimental reasons!). I always do it at 180 days out and have never had a problem but when I have tried to reschedule closer to our trip we have ended up with inconvenient times and just kept the original. So I would book at 180 days and if you change your mind later keep on calling to try to get what you want! :mickey: