PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go when you need a lift?

DisneyFr33k
04-10-2010, 07:36 AM
I was having a real stressful day yesterday at work. Just the thought of Disney lifted my mood. I especially the thought of Cinderella's castle as it represents the whole experience for me. Can't wait to go back!

Where in Disney World does your mind go when you need a lift?

TheVBs
04-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Anywhere! :mickey: It just depends on what first pops into my mind I think. Main St. in MK, Illuminations in Epcot are the two I'm most likely to think of.

TikiLounger
04-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Frontierland always makes me happy.

Joannelet
04-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I think of riding pirates, small world or haunted mansion. :) Those always make me happy :)

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2010, 09:57 AM
For me its either the castle or the resorts. Especially the pools, and the Poly.

Disney4us2
04-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Just being at WDW makes me happy.:cloud9: Or planning a trip to WDW too:mickey:

finaldynasty
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Planning a trip or thinking about the Seas at Epcot!

StuckinOz
04-10-2010, 10:43 AM
The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

c&d
04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Tower of terror or splash mountain always make me smile

badkitty
04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
For me it is thinking about a trip around the Magic Kingdom aboard the Railroad. It is so relaxing and my mind can "de-stress".

I can hear the clickety-clack of the wheels on the tracks. Looking for real deer and possibly seeing the steamboat as it rounds the backside of Tom Sawyer Island. If the engineer and the captain are in a playful mood, maybe they will even do a "call and answer" on their whistles:
call from train: M-I-C-K-E-Y
answer from steamboat: M-O-U-S-E

Wonderful.

:train:

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Space Mountain is where my mind usually goes :mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Main St at the MK :thumbsup:

In my dreams
04-10-2010, 10:23 PM
The statue of Walt and Mickey holding hands:)

xo0ally
04-11-2010, 02:10 PM
for me its thinking of Main street, the hotels, or walking from hanuted mansion toward splash mountain and hearing people screaming. :mickey:

GINNY69
04-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I always picture myself in Epcot or walking around the resort and seeing the little bunnies in thre grass. That makes me happy !! Even having a funnel cake in MK...

bruin1344
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
on Splash, Pirates, or Spaceship Earth rides

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Honestly I come here to Intercot. I come here all the time but i really needed the boost today. Had a liitter of pups and it was much smaller than we expected plus we lost one.

IloveDisney71
04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
When I need a lift, I listen to Disney theme park music and then I can picture myself anywhere in the parks. :thumbsup: But usually the 1st thing that pops into my head is picturing the castle from the beginning of Main Street.

queenmom9497
04-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Relaxing in Epcot in the "sidewalk cafe" in France waiting for Illuminations to begin sipping a lemonade slushie.

disneyboundagain
04-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Haunted Mansion for me. First I think about it, then I listen to the soundtrack. That usually does it!

DisneyFr33k
04-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Honestly I come here to Intercot. I come here all the time but i really needed the boost today. Had a liitter of pups and it was much smaller than we expected plus we lost one.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope the remaining pups are doing well.

Dragongirlx
04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
in my head I amwalking around the world showcase in Epcot this always cheers me up

eeyorepoohfan
04-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I always picture walking up Main Street towards the castle!!! Always brings a smile to my face! I also listen to Disney Park music on D-cot when I'm at work or cleaning the house. Makes the day go by a little faster and happier! :mickey:

BrerGnat
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Epcot at night. Specifically, the vicinity around Spaceship Earth. I love how SSE looks with the nighttime lighting, and I LOVE the music in this area. Plus, no one is ever over there at night, so it's very peaceful. :thumbsup:

mjm12000
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I wish I could say one place but it seems the minute I even so much as think about WDW or Disneyland my mind takes me on a memory vacation through everything I have done in the past and hope to do in the future... but I guess If I had to pick one place it would be spacemountain

Laughin' place
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Intercot and live365.com give me my daily Disney mood elevator. The first place at WDW that popped into my head was walking from the path toward the beach and boats to MK at Fort Wilderness.

BluewaterBrad
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Anywhere in EPCOT!!:mickey:

joonyer
04-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Tower of terror or splash mountain always make me smile

Since the original question was: Where do you go at WDW when you need a "lift"?", I couldn't help but chuckle at your response, since ToT was my first thought when I read the question (and I'm not even from the UK). Of course not only do you get a "lift" there, you also get "dropped". :D :D :D

Darbylew
04-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Main Street in MK. Just walking down the street
and seeing the castle! :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!! :D

ILoveLegos
04-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Sidewalk lights in Epcot - they remind me of my niece's response to seeing them for the first time. She said, "now this is exactly what grand-daddy needs to get for his sidewalks... it'll make us all happy!"

:D

fielin
04-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Waiting for a bus at POR, in the middle of the afternoon, when there is nobody else and the sun is shining... So peaceful !

renecat
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I think about wishes and my next trip which will be in Oct. 2010. Staying at the Beach Club this time so I also go to look at the picture of the resort on disney's website. Hope your day is better. We have been trying to plan our ADR's because our 180 days are just around the corner. This trip I also think about the fact that my cousin is going with us and she has never been. This in its self is going to be so much fun to watch her reaction to things. I think I am the most exciteded about her going.

zebradome17
04-13-2010, 12:25 PM
In the AKL... on one of the buses... blizzard beach... the entrance at hollywood studios... anywhere really :cloud9:

DisneyFr33k
04-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I think about wishes and my next trip which will be in Oct. 2010. Staying at the Beach Club this time so I also go to look at the picture of the resort on disney's website. Hope your day is better. We have been trying to plan our ADR's because our 180 days are just around the corner. This trip I also think about the fact that my cousin is going with us and she has never been. This in its self is going to be so much fun to watch her reaction to things. I think I am the most exciteded about her going.

I'm going in October too! That is what keeps me going on these bad work days..... Can't wait!!!

renecat
04-13-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm going in October too! That is what keeps me going on these bad work days..... Can't wait!!!

When in Oct are you going? We are going the 22-30. Wouldn't that be funny if you are going the same time. You gave me such great info for the cruise we did in Feb.

Bellewannabe
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
My fondest memories lately (with my kids) are around the Mexican Pavilion. They love that ride and clamor to get on it.

Belster
04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
I have to be honest the thought of my yearly WDW trip keeps me going all year long. I would have to say that I love Main Street the most!

Rick McCord
04-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Ever since I first went to WDW as a child, it has always been Main Street USA!

DisneyFr33k
04-14-2010, 05:12 AM
When in Oct are you going? We are going the 22-30. Wouldn't that be funny if you are going the same time. You great info for the cruise we did in Feb.

Glad my info was helpful for your cruise! Hope you had a blast!!

We're going October 23-28, then visiting US from the 28-31 (never been, DD(13) LOVES Harry Potter). We've gone the past 4 Octobers and love this time of year. The difference for this year is that we are surprising the kids. We'll tell them we're flying up north to visit family. We'll see how long it takes them to figure it out at the airport. Can't wait! :yay:

Kaps
04-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Any of the mountains but my favorite would be Splash Mountain. Nice relaxing till the drop which cools you off.

AdventurerKim
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Anywhere in WDW is a lift! Like right now I wish I was finishing lunch in Les Chefs de France after having dessert (p. rolls!) (not sitting here at work just having finished lunch) and was about to have a leisurely walk toward Future World to return to POP (instead of waiting for the bell to ring and kids to show up).

Beauty908
04-14-2010, 04:22 PM
The Animation Academy--I love to draw, and I have gotten pretty good at doodling some Disney characters during class :artist:

DisneyFr33k
04-15-2010, 05:11 AM
(instead of waiting for the bell to ring and kids to show up).

I'm a teacher too! :teach: I barely have time to inhale my sandwich before class changes. I love the leisure of Disney!!

BigWes6
04-15-2010, 01:23 PM
I think of "snacking around the world" .... Thats when we eat something from every country at EPCOT !!!!!!!!! They don't call me Big Wes for nothing :cloud9:

cardshopgirl
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Pretty much anywhere on property, but if I'd have to choose, that first moment when you are walking down main st and see the castle. I love the view and the smells of the bakery and the ice cream shop...Ahhh...wish I was there!

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
My "happy little thought" is Mickey's Philharmagic during the Peter Pan scene. It makes me happy because it is the beginning of my favorite part (Pan and Aladdin - I always feel almost like I'm on Soarin. My stomach goes ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM but I can't close my eyes!) but it also makes me a bit sad because I know it's almost over. Whenever I feel down, I hear the chime of Big Ben in my head and Peter saying "Heeeeere we goooooooooooooooooo!"

finaldynasty
06-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I am very anxious cause i have about a week to go, so I would say Muppets 3-D. It is cool in side and I love the jokes in the queue!

ANG
06-14-2010, 06:49 AM
I would have to say standing in front of the Castle as well.

grumpyguy
06-14-2010, 07:16 AM
i can fully understand...i often have live 365 radio going on my computer at work.i have also recently discovered wdw streaming podcasts you can play over a computer.listening to people talk about events and rides etc. is pretty cool:thumbsup:
these types of things transport me to my happy place and ready to take on anything!!good luck:mickey:

Snickerdoodle
06-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Two things come to mind, Main Street and Spaceship Earth.:mickey:

caryrae
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I think of different places, like just this morning while making my cup of coffee, I was thinking of having breakfast at a Resort and filling my mug with coffee and a mickey waffle to eat just before heading out to a park.

A lot of time I like to think of going through the tunnel in SM and listening to the music.

DisneyKim22
06-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but whenever I leave a park for the last time on each trip, I stand at the entrance to "re-burn" it into my memory. Of course, at this point, I don't think it's even necessary. When I need that life, I just close my eyes and pick a park to "tour". I love those mini mental vacations.

I can't do this at work, but whenever I'm home and need the lift, I put on my fav live365 station and go whever the music takes me.

I can't say I have one favorite place I like to take those mini mental vacations. Even in my imagination, I want to see it all!

Fastpasssteve
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM
IloveDisney71 hit it right on the head for me exactly.

Visualizing the castle from the beginning of Main Street...children with the Mickey ears balloons, people holding hands, the smell of popcorn and the cinnamon rolls from the bakery...all these things.

I also like to sit at the table outside Casey's, listen to the piano player, and watch the Ibises (the white birds) as they sit there in their enclosure looking at us visitors with disapproval. So funny! They crack me up.

DisneyorBust
06-16-2010, 09:03 PM
It might be:
-Dreaming of walking into the lobby of the Polynesian
-Walking down the ramp to Epcot and hearing the entrance music playing
-The Opening Ceremony for the Magic Kingdom
-Hearing the Big Band music playing on Sunset Blvd
There are many places in WDW I like to visit... if only in my mind!

KAJUNKING
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
the thought of walking through the tunnel and that first glimpse of main street on the first day of our trips makes me happy :mickey:

Camping Mom
06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
When I arrive at Fort Wilderness and get to sit in the rockers at Crockett's Tavern on the front porch. Nothing says relaxing like this does.

Tigerinvestigator
06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
OK mine is pretty detailed (I have alot of stressful days). I am sitting on our resort patio at the Poly, first floor. It is late afternoon and it is starting to cool off from a rain that is just ending. The Tiki torches are about to be lit and my family is getting ready to head to the Great Ceremonial House to catch a monorail to the Magic Kingdom which is open late. The rain has probably emptied the park so it should be a great night!! I can hear the distant whistle of the Ferry returning from the MK. Oh and its just the second night of a week vacation......no better feeling!......think I'll call ahead for a late adr at Tony's just before Spectromagic.

slegrant
06-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Being at Fort Wilderness, it's so relaxing!! I will be there soon can't wait:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Anywhere! :mickey: It just depends on what first pops into my mind I think. Main St. in MK, Illuminations in Epcot are the two I'm most likely to think of.

Aint it the truth! :D

Anyway there are a few places I like the most that can make me forget most troubles. The scenery from the TTA is one. Riding that great ride, watching Cindy's castle go by, going into tomorrowland, and people watching all make it great stuff for daydreams.
Epcot is another one. Either the image of walking up to Spaceship Earth, or standing in the World Showcase are both great.

Anywhere in WDW is better than "real life".
:cloud9:

BelleKP
06-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Just the thought of being anywhere within those purple gates puts a smile on my face! :D

But if I'm using Disney memories to really relax it's usually one of the following scenarios:

1) walking down MainSt. before park opens, the smells, the sounds, the leisurely stroll without a crowd ... sigh
2) walking through the Oasis at AK, or the paths around the tree of life (near Africa bridge, the path with the waterfall), again in early morning with very little crowds, taking it all in ... sigh
3) strolling through World Showcase at night, with the torches lit, before Illuminations, but after everyone has grabbed a spot to sit ... sigh
:cloud9:

Thanks for the thread, I am now thoroughly destressed! :)

E-OR
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Floating on the Lazy River @ BB or TL. Especially when it's June and still 50 degrees here. Can't wait until September 25!

5MemphisTiggers
06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I often come here to Intercot. It's why I'm here right now. Reading about other folks' trips and vacation planning makes me happy anytime i can't plan or enjoy my own.

But when I think about the parks, my mind goes to HM. *SNAP* and I'm in my doom buggy, falling backwards out of the attic and about to enter the graveyard. :mickey:

POTC always makes me happy, too.

crltkcagle
06-18-2010, 09:57 AM
POC!!!! Just hearing Yo Ho Yo Ho brightens my day!

ryca1dreams
06-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Where else - I go to the star tunnel at SM. I can escape and be reminded of the awe and magic I felt during my first trip as a kid and others since.

Bethanymouse
06-19-2010, 11:15 PM
This is such a great thread! Whenever I need to "escape" from stress at work I go one of two places:

The beach at the Poly watching the light parade
or
The top of Splash Mountain at the beginning of the ride looking out over frontierland. So perfect!

Bethanymouse
06-19-2010, 11:18 PM
ok mine is pretty detailed (i have alot of stressful days). I am sitting on our resort patio at the poly, first floor. It is late afternoon and it is starting to cool off from a rain that is just ending. The tiki torches are about to be lit and my family is getting ready to head to the great ceremonial house to catch a monorail to the magic kingdom which is open late. The rain has probably emptied the park so it should be a great night!! I can hear the distant whistle of the ferry returning from the mk. Oh and its just the second night of a week vacation......no better feeling!......think i'll call ahead for a late adr at tony's just before spectromagic.

love this!

kemps@wdw
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh my...take your pick. Sippin my AM coffee on the dock @ WL @ sunrise, ice cream in the afternoon on the sidewalk @ the PLaza Ice Cream shop @ MK, a nice cold beer and The British Invasion in the back garden In the UK at sunset (or Off Kilter in Canada), evening cocktails on our balcony overlooking the courtyard @ the WL...:cloud9: I simply close my eyes and there I am!!

Belle_0717
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I ate lunch alone today and thought about my girls and how much fun we will have on this next trip. I think about PoC and Fantasyland. I could be sitting in Mickey's Philharmagic LMAO right now. But instead I go to bed so I can be 120 days away from my HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

tinkerbellfan246
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM
I was trying to think of something specific, but i can't. I just love all of Disney World so so much! :mickey:

Oh, and i love planning trips, too. It's one of the best parts! :cloud9:

#1disneyfan
06-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Checking in at my resort for my magical vacation! :mickey:

kbean
06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
I turn on my ipod at work and put the headphones on and listen to my Disney playlist. It has songs from rides found through the parks on it. Pirates, Spalsh Mtn, Space Mtn, Haunted Mansion, Fireworks night time music, etc...

ShanPooh
06-25-2010, 12:27 AM
It depends on the day.
Today I was just thinking about all of us sitting on the benches, waiting for the bus at DTD in front of the Marketplace.
Don't know why. The thought just popped in there :D