PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Dining Tips?

limegreenmonorail
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi! My sister is getting married in October, and she and her new husband going to WDW for their honeymoon. They'll be on the dining plan, and need to make ADRs soon. I'm helping her plan her trip, and I wanted to know what restaurants are the best for honeymooners...not necessarily romantic, but restaurants where they'll get a lot of attention, or free dessert, that kind of thing. I know it all really depends on the CM they happen to get, and they won't be expecting anything, but I'd like to know where they have the best chance of getting something special. If any of you have been to WDW on your honeymoon recently, I'd love to hear about any fun dining experiences you had! Thanks!

cather74
04-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Where are they staying?

jonahbear2006
04-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Narcoossee's! hands down. It is quiet, dimly lit, they will get really awesome service and maybe even a free glass of champagne ;-), you can book for fireworks time and get a real tear-jerking memory, and the food is out of this world amazing. i would pay out of pocket though bc I dont think the food is pricey enough to go for 2 credits on you dining plan. Afterwards they can take a stroll along grand floridian's beach and it is such a beautifully romantic place to be. we fell in love with it.

jonahbear2006
04-10-2010, 02:40 AM
oh, and they also will personalize your menu for you, saying happy birthday, happy anniversary, congrats, or whatever you ask for. We got these and by dessert they had them neatly enveloped for us.

jwildflower1981
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
We went for our honeymoon. We were treated really good and made a fuss over at LTT, 50's Prime Time and the Coral Reef. When we got sat at LTT there was a heart made out of Pixie Dust and the characters (who aren't there anymore :( ) made a huge deal over us. At 50's PT the couple next to us bought us each a drink :marg: after our "cousin" server and "mama" made a huge fuss over us. The Coral Reef bought me a glass of wine.
Around the parks we were treated like royalty! We got pulled on stage for the Beauty and the Beast show. She got tons of FP's for the front of the line by tons of cast members. We got to sit front row at every show we saw. At the Lion King show Timon actually came and laid his head in my lap! Donald Duck pretended to be running away with me then Daisy saw him and put her hands on her hips and motioned for him to get back over there by her. We had so much fun, and everyone made it magical. My DH wasn't really a "Disney person" until our honeymoon, now we go every other year!!!

tmosier
04-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Consider 50's Prime Time and Chef Mickey's because those places most definitely will make a fuss over them. Consider Le Cellier because the food is simply awesome!

Stu29573
04-10-2010, 01:37 PM
We went to the Hollywood Brown Derby on our honeymoon. They gave us free champagne and a personalized folder with a honeymoon dining picture of us. I hadn't told them it was our honeymoon in advance, but we did have our buttons on. Add to that we had a very nice lady as our server, the food was absolutely wonderful, and we had Hollywood characters entertaining us it was really really nice!

jenperich
04-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Narcoossee's! hands down. It is quiet, dimly lit, they will get really awesome service and maybe even a free glass of champagne ;-), you can book for fireworks time and get a real tear-jerking memory, and the food is out of this world amazing. i would pay out of pocket though bc I dont think the food is pricey enough to go for 2 credits on you dining plan. Afterwards they can take a stroll along grand floridian's beach and it is such a beautifully romantic place to be. we fell in love with it.

I absolutely agree with this! We went here on the trip we got engaged, and it was MAGICAL! Narcoosee's is probably our most favorite signature restaurant. It's SO romantic and we had GREAT service. Going out to the porch to watch Wishes was amazing. And the food is wonderful!

I would also suggest Artist Point. The food is FANTASTIC and the service was unbelievable!

limegreenmonorail
04-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks so much! They're staying at Wilderness Lodge, so they were definitely thinking Artist Point, and I'll mention the others to them!

4myprincesses
04-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Artist Point is a must do, it's my favorite for husband and I

jkf12982
05-08-2010, 09:47 PM
We are honeymooning in October at WL as well, and I made our first dinner reservations at Artist Point, as I really liked the menu and the atmosphere. When are your sister and her new husband going to be at WL? That would be quite ironic if it's when we will be there as well (10/11-10/15). We are getting married on 10/10/10.

wdw dude
05-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I would also suggest Artist Point. The food is FANTASTIC and the service was unbelievable!

My absolute favorite. :thumbsup:

:mickey:

Fastpasssteve
05-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I do love the California Grill. We got a lot of special attention, and we only had a birthday! Your sis and her love could do well there. I also would suggest Artist Point. I love all their food...especially any form of steak...and their berry cobbler. It is too good. It's one of the things I went to the trouble to get the recipe so I can make it at home.

Either California Grill or Artist Point will leave them with great memories.

limegreenmonorail
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
They're getting married on 10/10/10 as well! Guess it's a popular day for weddings!:mickey:

Disney Yankee
05-15-2010, 10:18 PM
California Grill is our ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! We went for my 40th birthday, and our 20th anniversary!!! Request a window overlooking Cinderella Castle. Try to book during the sunset, or during the fireworks. Have fun!!!:mickey: