PDA

View Full Version : pins, Pins, and PINS!! (codes)

Goofy4TheWorld
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I have now booked two vacations with PIN codes I have received within three weeks of requesting the planning DVD.

In August, I submitted the Planning DVD form indicating a potential June 2010 trip, and less than three weeks later comes a PIN code via email for 30/35/40% off.

Two weeks ago I submitted the Planning DVD form indicating a potential December 2010 trip, and guess what arrived via email.... 30/35/40% off again, and now all the way through December 16 (except for the holiday dates).

I am waiting on my final confirmation from MJ on December, but I am still so excited to spend 7 full days in June (a really long vacation for me) AND see Disney at Christmas that I am about to bust. My wife and I always knew that we probably couldn't to a Christmas trip that would be long enough for us to enjoy unless it was a second trip within a year. This way we "get the rides over with" in June, and get to take it slow while navigating all those Christmas Crowds I have read so much about.

I really thought our only hope for a discount in December was going to be a Bounceback offer, so I am just on :cloud9: to be able to lock it all it now. Now the only problem I have to figure out is what I am going to do about the fact that my December 180 mark lands right in the middle of my June trip!

WOOOOPiEEEEEEE:party::party2::yay::santa:

JenniferS.
04-09-2010, 07:57 AM
That is awesome!! I have no trips booked this year and I've already gotten 3 pin codes. One was for free dining and 2 were for free quick service dining. I wish we were going as we would of booked the free reg. dining. I thought because we have no trips booked that is the reason we are getting the pin codes. We are going in 2011, so it would be nice to get some then.

retiredfigment
04-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Help please. I have been to Disney numerous times with AAA doing my planning. I have never received an upgrade or pin code that I have heard mentioned around here so much. Any ideas on how to get one?

PopPhan
04-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Help please. I have been to Disney numerous times with AAA doing my planning. I have never received an upgrade or pin code that I have heard mentioned around here so much. Any ideas on how to get one?

It's all just luck of the draw on PIN codes. In 7+ years, signing up for all the web sites, promotional mailers and DVDs, we have received 1 (one) PIN code mailing. it was an e-mail from Disney Destinations.

disneymom15
04-09-2010, 09:24 AM
The same thing happened to us. I ordered the DVD planning video in early 08 for an Aug trip, and within 2 weeks I had a pin code.

Dsnygirl
04-09-2010, 10:04 AM
That is so great! I wish some of your magic would rub off on us... like most other posters, I have requested (and received) the planning DVD's every year, done just about every other thing people have done here to get PIN codes, and nothing.

Oh well... maybe someday... 'til then, just glad to know they're still out there!! :thumbsup:

Goofy4TheWorld
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I must confess that my terrific success getting PINs has a flip side. I have also registered my MIL, my FIL, and my BIL over the last few months, and none of them have got any PINs, but at least they were all able to take advantage of the public discounts instead.