PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question??

zcrsdad
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
If I purchase a 7 day ticket from an outside source (like Official Ticket Center) and decide to add a day while I am WDW, will I have to pay for a 1 day ticket or can I just pay the cost of going from 7 to 8 days (I think it's like $6).

WRWDisney
04-09-2010, 06:13 AM
The second. Also, make certain that you have used the ticket before you upgrade it. For some reason, if you have, you will receive the full value of the ticket; if you haven't your upgrade will cost a little more (the cost difference between what you paid for the ticket and the Disney cost for an eight day ticket). Just something weird with their system.

Goofy Pluto
04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Where would you go to do the upgrade once you are in a Park? (This question applies to all parks.)

Thanks.

joonyer
04-14-2010, 02:06 PM
You can do it at at Disney resort or at any theme park at the ticket windows or at guest services (Town Hall for instance at MK).

Goofy4TheWorld
04-14-2010, 03:25 PM
As said earlier, as long as you make sure you use the ticket at least once prior to adding the 8th day, you will only pay the difference between your original 7-day pass and your upgraded 8-day pass.

The cost, including tax, will be $3.20 per adult ticket (at current prices.)

Goofy Pluto
04-15-2010, 04:15 PM
OK, so question:

We have the GAD, GAD passes. We would have to use them first, then go into the park, and then we can get them upgraded to like a 10 day pass at a lower price than if we upgraded them outside the park before we go in? Is that correct?

04-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I might be wrong on this but, I don't think that the GAD vouchers are upgradeable.

When they are redeemed, I think it is only for a one day ticket and I don't think that ticket is upgradeable. I think that it is programmed the same as a "re-admission" ticket.

Not in Orlando right now so I can't check with GR, sorry.

CleveRocks
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
I might be wrong on this but, I don't think that the GAD vouchers are upgradeable.

When they are redeemed, I think it is only for a one day ticket and I don't think that ticket is upgradeable. I think that it is programmed the same as a "re-admission" ticket.
No.

The GADGAD ticket is very very definitely upgradable. It is treated EXACTLY the same as a normal 1-day ticket, with one very important exception: if you choose to upgrade a GADGAD ticket, it MUST be done on the day you use the ticket. You don't have to do it at the same time you exchange the voucher for the actual ticket, but it must be done some time that day. [In fact, the original policy used to be that upgrades CAN'T be done at the exact time of voucher redemption and would have to be done INSIDE the park or outside the park after exiting, but anecdotal reports say that CMs have done it when the voucher was redeemed, anyway.]

Unlike a regular MYW ticket, the GADGAD ticket doesn't have a 14-day window in which to do the upgrading. If you use the GADGAD ticket today, you CAN'T add days to it tomorrow.

To reiterate ...
The GADGAD ticket has exactly the same upgrade value as a 1-day base ticket, $79.

Think about it. Thew GADGAD ticket would be a worthless gimmick to people who buy a 4-day or larger ticket, since the 4th day costs only six dollars and the 5th through 10th days cost only three dollars each.

100% sure of all of this, not guessing ... not even a little bit!:thumbsup: