PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose

Disney4us2
04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
A dining spot for my birthday lunch.

Last year we went to one of my favorites. Storytellers Cafe. Some of my other favorites are Carnation Cafe, Plaza Inn, Whitewater snacks. Last weekend we ate at the French Market... very good there.

Due to financial constraints, I can't do anything expensive or fancy. I may also have several of my passholder friends with me for lunch.

Has anyone had the BBQ at the ranch on the backside of BTMRR? I look forward to your ideas.:mickey:

tinkwest
04-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I had the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ last summer. It was fairly tasty food, but being priced as an all you can eat meal means you should be able to eat a lot at once to really get your money's worth. I eat a lot during the day, but not a lot at one meal so I was ready to quit after a small amount of food. Some of the others at our table made up for me so as a group we probably got a good deal.

The service seemed to be a bit slow and we spent a good amount of time at our lunch.

robnadina
04-09-2010, 01:15 PM
We had the BBQ last May when it first opened. The food was good and at the time drinks and dessert were included, which I understand isnt the case now. The dessert was awesome! The wait staff was wonderful, although it wasnt as packed as some of the other places, they may have been trying to over compensate.
We havent been back because DH hated the changes and the prices didnt come down all that much. But I still try to persuade him to eat there when we go (he is happy bringing a sack lunch from home. What does that tell you :blush:)

maizey05
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I know you didn't list it, but we've always had good luck at PCH Grill, at PPH. The crab louis is the best....and I think the prices there are good, for the large amount of food you get.