PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea at GF

clausjo
04-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Has anyone done this? I'm going to my sister's baby shower in early June with my daughter 7 and will be staying over 1 night near Disney. She's been asking me to do a "mommy and me" trip up but it's been difficult to try to plan. I was thinking that, since it will be just the two of us at that time, I can take advantage of my annual passes and take her to one of the parks and perhaps to tea in the afternoon. Has anyone brought their 7 year old? How difficult will it be to get a reservation on such short notice? She doesn't drink tea, but I'm assuming that there are other offerings that she'd like. Any advice is very welcome!

4myprincesses
04-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Go for it, we have taken my older girls twice to tea and they loved it both times (at age 3 and 4 and then again at age 5 and 6.) Each trip they ask to go back, but with the twins being two the last time we still haven't gone back. Don't get me wrong, a two year old would be find and they would welcome them just like any other, but I am not comfortable taking twin 2-year olds, lol!

They do have "special tea" for little ones (chocolate milk) in their own special pot. The food was so good and everyone found something they loved. The girls say it made them feel so grown up drinking out of teacups with saucers and all the pretties that are a tea spread. I look forward to doing it again with them!

ElenitaB
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I didn't bring my daughter (don't have one) but brought my son when he was 9 or 10. There was another child at the table (also a boy) who was around 7. Both kids LOVED the experience. It's become part of our "must do" ADRs for each trip when we can fit it in. It's very relaxing, very "grown up" for them, and a unique opportunity to have some quiet, one-on-one time with them. I very much recommend that you do it (and be ready to take lots of pictures... it's a truly lovely venue).

Just beware: we've seen Disney brides outside and in the hotel... you might be setting yourself up for a Disney wedding! ;)

wdwvacationeer
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
My three daughters and I go every year and have gone since my youngest was four. We absolutely love it and it is perfect for a mommy and me. My youngest daughter, Emily, always gets the Mrs. Potts. This includes her own pot of tea-either chocolate milk or a very mild, little girlie kind of tea- with fancy tea cozy, three halves of sandwiches- pb&j, ham and tuna, and beautiful pastries. After tea, we look in the shops at the Grand Floridian- make a few purchases and then sit for awhile in the lobby before heading back out into the hustle and bustle of Disney World. We always feel refreshed and relaxed after tea.

clausjo
04-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks, everyone. I made the ADR today. My daughter doesn't know we're going to go so it should be a wonderful surprise!