PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends Questions??

jaredkari
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
My wife and I are going to be at WDW during the first weekend of the Star Wars Weekends this May. We are not die hard Star Wars fans (I enjoy the movies but am not that into it).

How does the weekends affect crowd levels at the other parks? If we do want to go to HS on one of the days how is the rest of the park away from the Star Wars areas? Any tips if we decide to go and see what is going on with the Star Wars events? :mickey:

LiloLovesTheKing26
04-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Fri and sat are always crazy at magic kingdom! No matter when you go. As far as HS during SWW I have only been once 4 years ago and the entire park wa packed! If you are not want to participate in the events I would avoid HS all together. It is a lot of fun though! We are going back next May for SWW!

finaldynasty
04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I've gone the past two years, but will miss it by a weekend this year. HS is packed, but not overly active. I agree MK is always busy. I've found that SWW spills into all the parks on some level as folks park hop. My wife abhors SW and did not think it was over the top as far as crowds.

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, we've been to SWW no less than six times over the past ten years, and if you really aren't into Star Wars, I would avoid DHS on Friday, Saturday & Sunday during your stay. As another member mentioned, MK during this time will be crowded, too. However, the mobs at DHS - including FP lines for Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and RnRC will be somewhat obnoxious. I literally ran with a third of the crowd to RnRC for FP, and when DH and DS caught up with me, the line was back to the upside down rollercoaster at the very entrance to the attraction. If you're not that big of a fan, perhaps you may want to experience AK or Epcot. I'd actually take my chances at MK over DHS on the Saturday or Sunday. As a family last year, we were crushed by the crowds at DHS - and that's saying something since DH is 6'5 1/2" and can usually fight the crowds pretty well!!!

For all of you that are Star Wars fans, however, this is a great event full of cameraderie and Star Wars shenanigans! :mickey:

Remember that SWW is only Friday, Saturday and Sunday - so if you want to experience DHS without all of the SW fanfare, Monday through Thursday should be good!

prttynpnk
04-08-2010, 11:24 AM
We try to do SWW every year- come for the rides, stay for the people watching!
The event areas are congested,but it doesn't seem to affect the other areas as much.:mickey:

CaptSmee
04-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Fri and sat are always crazy at magic kingdom!

this is not our experience...Fri seems to always be a great day to hit MK. Sat is usually a different story. as for DHS and SWW, yes they are very crowded but my experience has been that is all centered around the SW events & attractions. the rest of the park is not as bad. I have been 4 years over the last 6 and have always enjoyed it. one way to avoid the crowds if you aren't after an autograph is to arrive later in the day, most of the event ends around 6 or 7 yet the merchandise shop is open reg park hours.