PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Spa Booking Experience

Wishmaker
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Okay so I decided that I was going to book my DD and I a spa day while we are in the world. I swallowed the fact that it would cost a pretty penny, but I thought "hey lets go for it".

I make my first call to the GF spa. The young girl who answers the phone sounded like should could careless about anything. She did entroduce herself by name but I will leave this info out.

I explain to her what I was calling for. "To make a reservation for my upcoming trip". She asked what treatment I was interested in. So I told her of the package I found on here and on another site. She said that there was no such package. Okay, so i say that is no big deal. However, my DD and I have never done this before and need a little help to see what would work for us. I asked if a time slot could be booked with out a specific package and she said "no". I ask her what they had and if she could help us create something.

She then proceeds to tell me to go on line to their website and look it up. :confused: So I comply. I hang up and look up the website she mentioned. Sure enough there is a link with their brochure of prices and packages.

Well, not that this is her fault, but my computer has been a little under the weather since.... oh idk since I bought it. What ever setting I have that no one can seem to fix will not allow me to pull up any PDF. :mad:

I call back, I get another very pleasent young lady that sounds like she likes her job alot. I go through the same spill. When I get to the part of needed help. Silence fell over the phone. All she could say was she was sorry. !! :thedolls: Do you want my money or not?

I thank her and hang up. I then call to SSR. Now I know they are the same company just differnt locations. This time I get a gentleman, very pleasant, that could not understand a word I was saying. I had to spell everything. My last name is Miller - Had to spell that. So I am thinking this guy is not going to be able to help me. :( I have to say before I called I did get on info central here and pick a few items under SSR.

So with the communication barrier I decided to just book what I thought we would want. Which due to the communciation issue was probably going to cost more that it should because it was not in package form. Oh well, I just want a darn spa day.

We go through all the "minor" details that we can to get this booked, and as you know I did said my DD. Well she is only 14, we wanted a package together, but couldn't get help so went for individual items. Can't do it unless I want to sit and watch her treatment for 80 minutes and then she sit and watch my treatment for 80minutes.

I give up, I am just not meant to have a spa day with my DD. I am so frustrated, crushed and let down it is unbelievable.

Just wanted to share my frustration with my fellow intercotees :mickey:

DVC2004
04-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow, that's really terrible. I am sorry you had this happen. I haven't had any experience with the spas at Disney but that is sub-par to say the least. I am sure many guests are unsure what they want, you would think it is thier job to help you select or even "sell" you on a treatment or package. I wonder- are these actually run by Disney or are they part of another company... if it is Disney that is just a terrible let down!:(

faline
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear you ran into such a frustrating process.

faline
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I just saw this other post (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150498)and thought it might be helpful to you.

KylesMom
04-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I am so sorry that you had such a horrible experience trying to capture some magic with your daughter during the time you're at Disney. I hope that, even if you're unable to find a satisfactory spa experience with your DD, you find something else magical to participate in if the spa experience doesn't work out for you!

BrerGnat
04-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Try the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin. We have always had good experiences with this company.

Also, are you sure you have the Adobe program installed on your computer? The latest version? It's free, so download it if you are not sure. Will maybe help with the .PDF file issue.

Disney Doll
04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I think I would call back and ask to speak to a manager. If thery are losing sales a manager needs the opportunity to recify the situation. That's horrible service!

mom2morgan
04-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Don't give up! Try the suggestions above - speak to a manager, or try the Mandara spa. Let us know what happens!

Pirate Granny
04-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Coronado Springs also have a spa...you could try them also...

Hope it works out...it's great to build memories like a spa day with you and your daughter.

:pirate:

Jillirose
04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Can you save a pdf? If so, you can send it to Zamzar.com to convert it for free to Word or Open Office, etc.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
04-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I wasn't impressed with the spa at the GF. My daughter & I went together. It was her first mani/pedi. There was no Disney magic to enhance the experience. It was a spa, she got her nails painted and then she sat watching me. They explained that needed to rush her because there was someone else waiting for her chair. But we had appointments together?

I felt so bad. I could have just taken her to the salon at home, and the ladies there would have been so much sweeter and done little things to make her feel good.