PDA

View Full Version : Beer at Disney

MickeyFanKY
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere to get specially beers while visiting the parks. My husband and brother-in-law are really into these. They love IPAs.
My husband is not a big Disney fan. He loved it the first time, but doesn't understand the need to keep going back:(.

So this would be a bonus for him if I could find a place with good beer. I already plan on taking him to Big River Brewery.

Any other suggestions?

DVC2004
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Hmm- I was going to say Big River but I see you are going there already. Sometimes the countries in Epcot have special or different than normal beers. I know my husband likes to get Peroni over in Italy. Alot of the countries have small kiosks outside that sell snack and drinks. Raglan Road in DTD may have some other kinds too.

BrerGnat
04-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Big River Brewery was disappointing for the FOOD, but the beer was pretty good. :thumbsup:

I would highly suggest taking your DH to World Showcase...at NIGHT. It is so festive that it's hard to NOT have fun there. Plus, he can try beers from around the world. Or, he can go for a specialty drink in the various pavilions. My DH sounds a bit like yours. He REALLY enjoyed our last night around WS. Had a specialty margarita in Mexico and a couple beers from the UK pavilion.

BrerGnat
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I just noticed you're staying at the Swan.

We ate dinner at Bluezoo (at the Dolphin) and it was a HUGE hit with my DH (and me...the food and service was top notch!). They have some VERY interesting drinks there. If you don't want to do a full meal, they have a very cool bar area. I'd highly recommend a meal here, or at the very least, a cocktail or two.

Pop Centurion
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Big River Grille has some great Beers so they'll definitely enjoy them. Besides World Showcase the only other place I enjoyed some great African beers was at Boma in AK Lodge. You don't have to eat there as you can also order them at the lounge on the floor above Boma. But if you're going to make the trek to the resort why not enjoy the great food as well. ;)

Seasonscraps
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
The Crews Cup the lounge that is right next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse has a large selection of beers. I am not sure which ones they have but IIRC it looks like a lot more then the standard bud,bud light, corona variety.

joonyer
04-07-2010, 05:16 PM
All of the above are good tips, but remember, no beer at the Magic Kingdom.

Alaska Disney Fan
04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Epcot is a great place to get different beers, I've tried the beers from the following countries at their kiosks - England, Canada, America pavillion, Japan, Morocco, Italy, Germany, Mexico, China, Norway, and France. During the food and wine festival in October they have some additional kiosks from countries that are not represented in World showcase year round.

javamama
04-07-2010, 09:54 PM
All of the above are good tips, but remember, no beer at the Magic Kingdom.

That was the worst news my BIL ever heard in his whole life:( I deliberately didn't tell him, it was priceless:secret: 33 years old, and he cried like my 2 year old it was great!

EpcotNut
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I agree with all the posts - especially the AK Lodge - African Beers are especially good. Also - you can check out some of the Polynesian beers at the Polynesian Resort. Tell your husband and BIL to chill - it's gonna be fun - even if there weren't beer! Enjoy!:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
04-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Epcot is a great expo for different beers.

CanadianWDWFan
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
My favourite place to get beer inside the parks is Epcot. I usually always visit Germany for a nice Hefe Weisse. I got hooked on this beer in Germany and the German pavillion has a pretty good one.

WDWNut02
04-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I am a beer drinker as well. The Rose and Crown pub at the World Showcase has an excellent selection. Raglan Road is a must as well (doesn't get much better than an Irish pub for good beer). :beer:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-08-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm not a beer drinker but, my DH and my newly addicted to WDW sister is. My DH skips to Germany and starts his beers around the world voyage there. We have gone during F&W fest for the last several years and that is his fav. My sister is in love with the beers from the Polynesian. She is currently on a hunt locally for the beers that she had there. I think beer hunting is a great excuse for resort hopping... especially to the more "exotic" resorts like the Poly, WL, AKL, Coronado, Caribean beach, etc.

:cheers: :beer:

DizneyRox
04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
You'll want to make reservations for the Biergarten at the Germany Paviliion and order up a quart of beer! They are FANTASTIC!

DisneyaHolic
07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Big River Brewery was disappointing for the FOOD, but the beer was pretty good. :thumbsup:

I would highly suggest taking your DH to World Showcase...at NIGHT. It is so festive that it's hard to NOT have fun there. Plus, he can try beers from around the world. Or, he can go for a specialty drink in the various pavilions. My DH sounds a bit like yours. He REALLY enjoyed our last night around WS. Had a specialty margarita in Mexico and a couple beers from the UK pavilion.

I totally agree with World Showcase - I love to Drink Around the World Showcase!! It is really fun to have a beer in every country! In fact, I just found a passport you can get FREE online (there is a shipping fee), but you get a really cute passport to have signed by the server in every country. I just ordered them for our group, along with their deluxe guide that has a beverage and bathroom guide! The site is DrinkAroundTheWorldShowcase.com...

Be sure to do a picture in each country. We like wearing the hats of the country while holding our beers.

JPL
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Dawa Bar at Animal Kingdom has some good selection along with the Yak & Yeti.

JerseyDad
07-28-2010, 10:48 AM
....as a BIG IPA fan...I can tell you that there really aren't too many places in WDW that will have a selection of "craft" beers and IPA's. We are usually at WDW in the fall and frequent the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot.....daily! There's a good selection of international brews from each country...in full or half size servings. And I always make it a point to stop in England to tip a few pints.

....and I too...am bummed that Magic Kingdom...is "dry". There'd be nothing better than wandeing through Frontierland...with a turkey leg and a brew.

steamboat willy
07-28-2010, 11:40 AM
That was the worst news my BIL ever heard in his whole life:( I deliberately didn't tell him, it was priceless:secret: 33 years old, and he cried like my 2 year old it was great!

BUT, it's only one short MONORAIL stop from the Contemporary or one short boat ride to the Polynesian Resorts. Great stops for a cold one! :beer: Then back to Splash Mountain...:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes, from the MK you can go to the lounge at the Contemporary. They have Yuenling (misspelled) at the Contemporary. That's an American brew from PA that's been around a long time.

Melanie
07-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Yes, from the MK you can go to the lounge at the Contemporary. They have Yuenling (misspelled) at the Contemporary. That's an American brew from PA that's been around a long time.

Unfortunately the Outer Rim doesn't open until 4:30pm. :down:

I love the UK for a pint. Golden's are my favorite! :beer:

DisneyDINK
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I think it has all been said, but for my taste Epcot is where I go for beer.

If you like lagers, hit Biergarten at the Germany pavilion for a meal. They have the Spaten products by the liter and half liter. The selection is OK.

On the ale side I like the Rose & Crown.

I'm still waiting for Epcot to announce the opening of the Belgium pavilion, but, alas, I don't think that's going to happen.

I didn't notice you mentioning the dates of your trip, but during Food and Wine many of the booths have beers in addition to the wines. There were some OK micros by the American Adventure, but I still prefer the German and English stuff.

Prost! :thumbsup:

JerseyDad
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM

...oldest operating brewery in the USA....good beer...without the craft brew price!!

Scar
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm still waiting for Epcot to announce the opening of the Belgium pavilion, but, alas, I don't think that's going to happen.Go during the F&W Festival and get the next best thing. :thumbsup:

NEW-Belgium, Introduced: 2010

Steamed Mussels with Roasted Garlic Cream
Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
Stella Artois
Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee
Leffe
Hoegaarden

Pigtunia
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
As many people have said already, a Beers of the World tour of Epcot can be quite nice (just remember to pace yourselves ;)).

Raglan Road is a great place for beers, as is Big River (nice micro brews).

Yak and Yeti (AK) also features a nice microbrew on tap.

And...we LOVE the bar that's next to the 50s Prime Time cafe. The decor alone is worth it for us, but they've also got a good selection of beerrs on tap.

cheers!!:beer:

Pigtunia
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
...oldest operating brewery in the USA....good beer...without the craft brew price!!

It's supposedly the President's favorite brewery.

GreenB
07-29-2010, 01:52 PM
And...we LOVE the bar that's next to the 50s Prime Time cafe. The decor alone is worth it for us, but they've also got a good selection of beerrs on tap.

cheers!!:beer:

Hi!

Can you please abound a little bit more on this exiting place?

What is the name of this oasis?
What beers do they have on tap?

I WAS just about to let go our reservation for the 50's Prime Time until I read your post!!!

Cheers!!

Stickey
07-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Best locations for beer at WDW:

1) Biergarten for ein mas bier(one liter):beer:
2) Germany pavilion, Franziskaner hefewizen
3) Rose and Crown- solid English ales and Guiness on draught
4) Big River Brewing for good micro-brews
5) AK and AKL locations for safari amber
6) Lecellier for Moosehead ale(rare)

Yuengling is respectable, but I would choose Sam Adams if both are on a menu.

Pigtunia
07-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi!

Can you please abound a little bit more on this exiting place?

What is the name of this oasis?
What beers do they have on tap?

I WAS just about to let go our reservation for the 50's Prime Time until I read your post!!!

Cheers!!

It's called the Tune-in Lounge. It's situated between 50s Primetime and Hollywood & Vine.

A sampling of their bar list is:
Dad's Classic Cocktails - Choose from Cosmopolitan, Classic Martini, Grand Margarita, or Singapore Sling.
Selection of 12 Different Wines - Choose from a variety of reds, whites and sparkling wines.
Selection of Bottled Beer - Featuring Budweiser, Coors Light, or O'Doul's (non-alcoholic) Yuengling, Samuel Adams, Heineken, or Corona and Bass Ale or Stella Artois
Selection of Draft Beer - Bud light, Yuengling, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Seasonal
Selections From Dad's Liquor Cabinet - Our family's glowing drinks served with Dad's "Experimental Electric Ice Cubes" choose from: Blue "Glow-Tini" inspired by the Year of a Million Dreams, Dad's Electric Lemonade, Mowie Wowie, or Grandma's Picnic Punch.

We haven't eaten at PTC in years, but we always stop by Tune-in for an ice-cold afternoon beer. :beer:

Tinkermom
07-31-2010, 11:13 AM
I didn't notice you mentioning the dates of your trip, but during Food and Wine many of the booths have beers in addition to the wines. There were some OK micros by the American Adventure, but I still prefer the German and English stuff.

Prost! :thumbsup:

DH and I were at Epcot last year during the Food and Wine Festival. The American Pavillion had a FREE (yes, FREE!) Samuel Adams beer tasting. It was offered several times a day. They even gave us all free Sam Adams bottle openers. It was awesome! :thumbsup: