PDA

View Full Version : What is the advantage of online check-in?

wdwluv
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks! :-)

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Makes your vacation feel closer????

Haaahaahaa....

Seriously, I've only done online check-in once and it worked like a champ. When we did it, there was no line for online checkin when we got there, our packet was ready and waiting. We paid for our DDP and I was done in less than 3 minutes. My kids didn't even get a chance to get settled to watch cartoons in the lobby. I checked in at the 10 day mark and I believe that helped us to get the treehouse villa we requested. I believe that as they get the online checkin's they start to assign those rooms first. At least that's what my own wives tale tells me. :D

I would especially do this if you are going to be checking in during a high checkin/checkout time.... between about 10-noon and 3-5 ish.

TammiMcMan
04-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Bottom line, is that it expedites your check-in. It's mainly designed for those that don't need a lot of hand holding during the registration process and just want to grab their packet and get going.

For what it's worth, it's my understanding that the resort doesn't get anybody's reservation until 3-4 days prior to arrival. I haven't heard anything different happening with the online check-in. Room requests are a mystery and so many things affect whether or not they can honor something, but I know everyone has a theory ;) .