PDA

View Full Version : Plane seats booked!

Giggy
04-06-2010, 07:57 PM
We booked our holiday back at the start of October. Ever since I've had a countdown running on the internet until 8/25/2010, 10:25am BST. This is when our plane leaves Manchester Airport for the nine and a half hour flight to Orlando International. At the time of writing this sentence the countdown is at 140 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes, 20 seconds. :mickey:

Last week we were able to book which seats we wanted on the plane, we logged into the website and a fair few had already gone but we found 5 together (me, parents, older brother, younger sister). The seats are in rows of 3 by each window and then 4 in the middle. We managed to get two window seats one behind the other, the two seats next to one and the seat directly next to other. Me and my sister quickly "called" the two window seats. Whether I manage to keep it is anyone's guess. I'm sat next to my brother and the next seat is probably booked by someone else. I'm one of those annoying people who need to get up and walk around a lot so my family might decide to move me to our aisle seat so that I'm less disruptive. :D

This probably isn't one of the most interesting things to appear on this board but it was a landmark towards our holiday. We haven't been for 6 years and each time we pass another milestone (such as booking the holiday, buying tickets, sorting seats or counting the money saved in the 50p bottle) makes it seem one step closer. :party:

faline
04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
We frequently fly out of Manchester Airport so I was shocked to see that the flight would last 9-1/2 hours! Our flights are only about 3-1/2 hours! :D (Of course, we're flying from Manchester, New Hampshire so there is a bit of a difference in distance and time spent traveling!)

Your trip is getting closer!!!! :mickey: (I like window seats also!)

JoF
04-07-2010, 05:42 AM
I love it when you have booked your plane seats - one step nearer your holiday.
Glad I'm not the only one who has a 50p jar to save!
Have a great holiday - wish it was me:cloud9:

Dragongirlx
04-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Thats so cool. We are 151 days out and will be flying from London after 1st flying down from Edinburgh the day before. I must see if we can pick our seats before.
Enjoy your planning and those little milestones that make it so much more fun