PDA

View Full Version : quieter times at Ohanas?

rainbodragon
04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
my gf and i went to ohanas several years ago for dinner and loved it. i want to go back when i am there in september for my bday, but here is my question. we dont have kids at home, and i know they do kid activities and there was a VERY loud woman who sang and talked and stuff during dinner. is there a time when that isnt going on? i loved the food and the general atmosphere, but i could do with a quieter more relaxing meal.

cer
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I understand where you are coming from.

On our first visit, in 2006 there was a gentleman who did the entertainment, his show appealed more to us. We have gone annually ever since and have not seen him again. Not sure if we are just missing his nights or what. I will tell you that every year we have been there has been some form of dining entertainment, whether it be coconut races, or hula dancing or dancing with the one you 'love', or even a parade with maracas.

There is that big loop in front of the grill. I do not know if you sat in the area behind the grill if you would have a more quiet/private/uninterrupted experience or not, they may have speakers in the ceiling to pipe in the entertainment....I don't know, but I can almost guarantee that some form of entertainment comes with your meal.

DVC2004
04-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Really, it goes on in intervals throughout the night. I know that things die down, then start up again. I don't think you'll be able to avoid it. We've been going every year since 2001 and there has never been a time there wasn't something doing.

rainbodragon
04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
thanks!

i will ask for a quieter area in the restaurant then, that should help.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-07-2010, 01:06 AM
My suggestion? Make a reservation for when they open (5 pm). It's been our experience that the entertainment doesn't start for about an hour after opening.

However, if that's too early for you, I'd request the latest seating available. By then, the entertainment should be about done & you can enjoy your meal in a more intimate atmosphere. :mickey:

rainbodragon
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
thanks! great tip

fielin
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Is there any kind of entertainment (other than the characters visiting the table) at breakfast too ?

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
My suggestion? Make a reservation for when they open (5 pm). It's been our experience that the entertainment doesn't start for about an hour after opening.

However, if that's too early for you, I'd request the latest seating available. By then, the entertainment should be about done & you can enjoy your meal in a more intimate atmosphere. :mickey:

Totally agree.... be the first ones there or the last ones in to avoid the chaos that is Ohana's dinner (that we love!)