PDA

View Full Version : How is Yak and Yeti?

andypooh
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Considering this restaurant for lunch or dinner for our upcoming trip in november. Will be travelling with DW, DS 4 and DS 2, and my parents. What do people think of this restaurant? Thanks.

:mickey:

WDWNut02
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Love Yak and Yeti! They have some of the best ribs I have ever eaten....and I mean anywhere! I always make sure to eat there at least once while i'm there. Have a great trip!!!

Celakip
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
The mango pie is awesome!:mickey:

DVC2004
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Our family likes it alot!:mickey: We like the prawn flavored crisps appetizer and I thought the steak and shrimp was excellent, as was the oriental salad. I forget the actual names of the dishes.

BriarRose0708
04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
One word: Delicious! I have only eaten here once and I can't wait to try it again next trip. We had a wonderful experience here. Even the pickiest eaters found something they enjoyed on a pan-Asian menu. They have everything from crispy honey chicken to noodle bowls and tempura. The desserts were incredible- I recommend the cream cheese and pineapple won tons! Plus you have to try a Yak Attack as a cocktail. I hope you enjoy your meal as much as we did!

joebobodo
04-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Our family likes it alot!:mickey: We like the prawn flavored crisps appetizer and I thought the steak and shrimp was excellent, as was the oriental salad. I forget the actual names of the dishes.

Ditto on the steak and shrimp entree. My mouth is watering at the memory... Beautiful presentation too. I took a picture of it. :-P

elmjimmlm
04-07-2010, 07:57 AM
This is one of our absolute favorites... We go every year and the steak and shrimp is a must for my kids and myself... Try it and I bet you will be hooked like we are...:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I have to say that Y&Y has been a very pleasant surprise for us. My wife and I have found this place to be one of our favorites now. We look forward to going back, both for a nice lunch or dinner. Don't hesitate to give it a try.

Stu29573
04-07-2010, 10:55 AM
My wife's all time, hands down favorite! I like it too, but she's crazy about it...

finaldynasty
04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
One of my families favorite resturants...the lamb was great! A very fun menu!

renecat
04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
We tried it last Sept. for the first time. It was great. You get enough food that you can split with some else. I think we all left food on our plates because we were so full.

Disney4
04-07-2010, 02:31 PM
A Thumbs up from my troup as well! We tried it last December and found the food to be above average and the service to be a little slow, but very friendly.

bxrluv
04-07-2010, 03:18 PM
We were just there last week. I had had a lot of asian food so went for the Kobe Beef Burger. OMG!! I am ruined for all other burgers :eat:forever. That is the best burger I have ever eaten in my life! I was intent on eating the whole thing however and made myself quite uncomfortable especially when my daughter insisted on riding Everest after dinner.

snowflakegirl
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM
One of my favorite meals, hands down. The mango pie is incredible. The ahi tuna appetizer was phenomenal. And I had the maple tamarind chicken which was quite tasty...and the coconut ginger rice that accompanied it was great!

javamama
04-07-2010, 09:51 PM
My neighbors are still talking about it from 2 years ago, so we going to try it this year. I did denjoy the QS menu, one of my favs of all the parks!

MinnieMommie
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Yak and Yeti is very good and is actually the favorite dining venue for one of my children. There is something on the menu for everyone and all tastes.I especially like the Dim Sum Basket. Plenty to share!! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I have to disagree with most of the posters here on this one......granted we ate there 2 years ago, when it had first opened....maybe that is why?

We were not impressed. Our food tasted like soggy chinese food and our service was terrible. Anthony did enjoy the wontons for dessert. I was not impressed at all. In fact, I dont think I will give it another try anytime soon.

Fastpasssteve
04-08-2010, 05:54 AM
I thought the Yak & Yeti was lovely. Appetizers were good. The lomein with chicken or shrimp was so large, I would have been glad to share with a friend...and I am a big guy. All tasty and fresh.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
great everyone.... thanks... (dripping with sarcasm) :stop:

now I have to rethink our ADR's before my 180 day window hits next week to see how we can fit this in! :write: :geek:

CaptSmee
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
guess I'm in the minority, I thought it was mediocre at best :blush:

ElenitaB
04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Being as I have access to incredibly awesome Asian food where I live, I made an effort to order something not on every other menu up here. I actually forgot what I ordered but it was well prepared, tasty and hot. Where they really shine is in their desserts: we ordered both the mango pie and the wontons. They were both really, really yummy! :tasty:

#1donaldfan
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
.....We have eaten there from the time it's opened and have yet to be disappointed....it's a must do each and every trip....so, I just know you'll love it as well !!!!!:thumbsup: