PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought The Tickets! One Night at POP!

Mammabruski
04-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm so excited! My DM and I bought the tickets for our trip to Florida last night! :cloud9: My DM (Pirate Granny), and my 2 sisters are all going. NO KIDS! Whoa, will that be strange. A mini-Disney vacation without the kids....

We'll be staying at the Pop on Friday September 24th, and hopefully will be attending the MNSSHP. We're assuming by the calendar that since MK is closing at 7pm that night, that there's gonna be a party!

Then we're (gasp) heading over to Universal to check out Harry Potter and stay at the Royal Pacific Hotel until that Tuesday. We're super excited about that since we've never been to US. And since we've never been, and I hear it's not that great for small kids, (I've got a three year old DD and 7 month old DD), I'm hoping that I won't be wishing they were there with me the whole time.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my excitement! Only 171 days! :mickey: Now if my school district would get around to deciding the calendar for next year, we could start planning my youngest daughter's first trip....

DVC2004
04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Sounds fun! And, you'l love the Royal Pacific. It's really nice. If you get a chance go to Emeril's Tchoup Chop there- it's pricey but so good. We enjoy Universal. You're going to have a great time- it's good too get away from the kids now and then!

Ms. Mode
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Have you ever left your kids before? It can be a little rough the first time around, but on the other hand...you'll be at WDW...everything should be fine. :thumbsup:

Mammabruski
04-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Have you ever left your kids before?

I've been away from my oldest a number of times, including a long weekend trip for a wedding at WDW. But, I've never been away from my youngest. She'll be about 13 months old. I know it will be hard, but my DH is the BEST :number1: and they'll be in good hands.

If you get a chance go to Emeril's Tchoup Chop

This is totally on our list of must -do's! It will be really interesting to check out something non-disney. I'm sure Harry Potter's going to be great, but I have a hunch US can't compare to WDW.

On another note, I know my schudule for next school year! :thumbsup: We'll be going on a Grand Gathering Disney trip next year, the last weekend in March! I'm so excited I may have to write some super early pre-trip reports!

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
How exciting!!! You are going to have to write a very descriptive trip report! To get away for just a "girls" weekend would be so much fun. Alas, I don't think that's going to happen until all of our kids are well into school.

I'm just dying to hear about Harry Potter... After Disney and scrapbooking, HP is my 3rd obsession.

:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
04-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey there...Suburban Detroit...I am downriver Detroit...and I can't wait to take my three adults girls to Pop, Halloween Party and then on to Universal...it'll be nice to be able to have the sister visit and mom enjoy their company.

I can't wait...
:pirate:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Hey there...Suburban Detroit...I am downriver Detroit...and I can't wait to take my three adults girls to Pop, Halloween Party and then on to Universal...it'll be nice to be able to have the sister visit and mom enjoy their company.

I can't wait...
:pirate:

Hey!!!! Love meeting fellow Detroiters on here! It always seems like everyone is SOOOOOO far away from little ol' me. Nice to feel like the world isn't that small!