PDA

View Full Version : Bit by a snake

cather74
04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
So I've never shared this story before but since my sister and I are going back in less than a month it keeps pooping into my head and making me laugh. This will probably be the strangest Disney story ever:

In 2007 I took my sister for her 30th bday and I was getting married that summer so it was a big celebration trip. We did all our favorites in a whirlwind of 4 days. One of our favorite places to eat is at San Angel Inn in Epcot. WE just sat down and ordered drinks when my sister get this look of horror on her face. Before I can ask what is wrong, a whole tray of margaritas drops on my head. I was soaked and you could ve heard a pin drop in the place, it got so quite. I have a good sense of humor so I didn't care and they gave me a free shirt to change into. (It was that bad):marg::marg:
Now that's not the weird part. I was really sticky so we bailed on dinner and headed for the buses. I saw the bus in the distance and went running for it....stumbled on something that felt really weird and kept going to catch the bus. I hear my sister yell......"Wait!!!!You just tripped on a snake!!!!!!" As soon as she said that, I knew it bit me. We get on the bus and sure enough my toe is bleeding. With that other people around us start telling us we need to tell the driver because there are poisonous snakes in Florida. (great.) The other half of the bus starts talking about "Snakes on a bus " as opposed to "Snakes on a PLane" (The movie had just come out.) So I say, "Excuse me Mr. Busdriver....can you pull over I was just bit by a snake. Well the driver turns white and pulls over, calls the mickey police and my sister and I get off the bus. The mickey police look at the bite and then go on the hunt for the snake. They caught the snake in a garbage can and killed it. NOT Poisonous!!! ( Not animatronic either.)I figured it wasn't since I felt fine except for embarrassed and we were joking and doing imitaions on what the poor snake must have thought when I tripped on him. We took pictures of the Mickey Police and they cleaned up my toe and said they couldn't believe this. Even they were laughing. So that's my weird story. AS I get ready for our trip on April 29 I can still hear my sister yelling,"Wait....you just tripped on a snake!!!!"
Never a dull moment in Disney!!! And thanks again Mickey Police!!!

Disney4us2
04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
OMG... thank goodness it wasn't poisonous. Hopefully you won't see any more snakes on your upcoming trip.

Have a great one:mickey:

retiredfigment
04-05-2010, 09:11 PM
That is sooo funny. Once when we were at Blizzard Beach we were waiting to go down the slide where you sit in the big inner tube and found out they had to close it because a water moccasin was at the bottom. Found the stairs down very quickly even if when they said it was safe.

Lakin
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm laughing already after the first sentence! :silly:

DVC2004
04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
OMG- Best. Disney. Story. Ever.

LOL I am glad you are ok, but how crazy is all that? As if the margarita's weren't bad enough ( I had a tray of pepsi's dropped on me at Pizza Hut once)!:marg:

Jeri Lynn
04-06-2010, 07:35 AM
haha!! You had me at margarita's!!

Thanks for starting out my day with a good laugh!!

LibertyTreeGal
04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Oh man, that is just awful... but thank goodness it was not poisonous! On the bright side, it could have been an alligator......

kakn7294
04-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Wow, what a day! Glad it wasn't of the venomous variety and everything was okay. You have a good sense of humor about it all.

luvdiznee
04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
You took those Margarita's very well. :marg: Glad the snake wasn't poisonous. :cool:

scottgr
04-06-2010, 08:52 AM
That is a crazy story...had me LMAO:thumbsup:

faline
04-06-2010, 10:01 AM
That's quite an experience!

divinedi
04-06-2010, 12:08 PM
What a great sense of humour, and terrific attitude you have! Glad that it all turned out okay. Now if only more people were like you, this world would be a much better place! Thanks for sharing.

MegaDisney
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Great story. Made me laugh.

But not as much as:

...it keeps pooping into my head and making me laugh.

Pooping or Popping. I wouldn't laugh if anything pooped into my head! ;)

hoop de do
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm trying to come up with what is worse!!
A snake bite on the toe or poop on the brain.
Thanks for sharing. :D:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
During our last visit all of a sudden at Ft Wilderness (March16-23) we were informed that someone got bit by a cottonmouth. There was a lot of rain that day so there was a lot of standing water so I am sure that is why it was where it was.

Ms. Mode
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
If I had been bit by a snake I would have headed back to San Angel Inn and asked them for another tray of margaritas! :marg:

Bubbie Girl
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow, what a day you had!! Glad everything was ok. I would have totally freaked. Snakes yikes:eek:

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm trying to come up with what is worse!!
A snake bite on the toe or poop on the brain.
Thanks for sharing. :D:thumbsup:

HAAHAAHAA!!!! Is that like a brain f@rt? :D

Joannelet
04-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Well that is something you don't get to say too often "Wait you just tripped on a snake!" unless you are Woody from Toy Story LOL

How did the tray of margaritas fall on your head? I have to say that you and your sister sound like you have a great time together :) reminds me of me and my sisters :)
Great story!! :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-10-2010, 10:02 PM
OMG! I have a snake phobia since I had a garden snake put down my back when I was about 5 years old. I would have had a heart attack as well to really round off the day. I'm glad it turned out well though. And I would have needed to drink a tray full of drinks after that as well.

pdrlkr
04-11-2010, 09:08 AM
That is one crazy story! :eek:

DisneyorBust
04-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Too funny! Not that you were bitten by a snake but that you and your sister have such a great sense of humor regarding that day. Thanks for sharing your story.

MushuGrl
04-18-2010, 12:50 AM
WHAT A STORY!!

I could just hear the "you smell like a BAR" jokes coming from MY bunch...