PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

Gregandmel
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Has anyone done the Magic Kingdom Dessert Party during the Wishes Fireworks? I was wondering if it was worth the extra $$ to reserve a spot for it. I know it's located in Tomorrowland & from some of the pictures I've seen, looks like there is a canopy that you sit underneath. Wondered if it hindered the view. I would love any feedback if anyone has done this. The thought of not fighting the crowds to get a good viewing spot as well as lots of desserts is pretty appealing. Thanks in advance for any insight!! :thumbsup:

mustBgoofy
04-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Just returned from it last week! It was awesome. There is a canopy above you. However, the tables were situated around the edge of the canopy when we were there in a way that there were only a few that had no view of the tip top of the castle. The party opens at 9 and you go in and get your dessert and can do photopass pictures with the castle in the background. When the fireworks start you can go to the edge of the railing. It was great and Tinkerbell flies RIGHT over you. Like, you can see her teeth when she smiles right over you. It was pretty neat. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Oh, and the desserts were pretty good too :-)

mustBgoofy
04-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Oh, and you can see most of SpectroMagic from the seats.

seanyred
04-05-2010, 11:07 PM
we did it back in November. It was well worth the money. Not only did you have a great unobstructed view you also had really good/awesome desserts. The desserts are not your basic stuff either...I still have dreams about the pistachio creme brulee. Also they let you mill around and have more desserts after the fireworks so there was no need to rush and join the crowds.

Gregandmel
04-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Awesome!! I may just have to go ahead and book it for our upcoming trip! thanks so much!! :thumbsup:

Gregandmel
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Well I just called WDW and was getting ready to book it, but she mentioned that the view of the Spectromagic parade would be pretty far off. The night we want to go Spectro is showing at 9pm and Wishes is at 10pm. Our reservation for the dessert party would be right at 9pm and I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to see Spectro. For those of you that did both - what did you think of the view if Spectro was also being held that evening?? I'm in a bit of a dilemna because I really want to be able to see both! Thoughts??? Thanks in advance!!

Morpheous
04-07-2010, 03:57 AM
The funny thing is about the Wishes Dessert Party... is that the location where they hold it at is actually the very spot my family always used to camp a table for the evening in order to see Wishes. Imagine our surprise last year when we show up to find the entire Area roped off! And the Noodle place closed!

The very nice lady who was standing at a podium filling out paperwork told us that the Noodle Station was open seasonally only now, and that they were doing a Desert party. She told us they had some tickets left so we decided to go ahead and give it a try.

Seeing that this is the spot we always sat in for 4 or so hours to have the front seat on the water. It was great to have it already reserved for us basically, with deserts and drinks. Have to say we enjoyed this very much and if its available again this year, we are definitely going to be doing it again.

Overall I'd recommend it if you normally stake out your viewing location hours ahead of the fireworks. It frees up a lot more time in that day for you to enjoy the Magic Kingdom. :)

Edit: As for Spectromagic it can be an iffy view but we have watched it from here many times before. Its not as good as if you were on the sidewalk where it performs, as you are across a bit of a body of water. The View isn't the greatest but you can see the majority of floats, you will just have a questionable view of performers who are on foot.. and possibly smaller floats.

wdwluv
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
oh, i've never heard of this!! How much is it? Do you prepay? Can you book online?

Gregandmel
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
oh, i've never heard of this!! How much is it? Do you prepay? Can you book online?

I don't think you can book on-line, but I'm not 100% sure of that. I think you need to call the regular reservation line (that's what I did). You have to pre-pay when you make your reservation and I believe the cost is $21.99 per adult and $11.99 for kids. I can't seem to locate info. on this event here, but I know you can put in a search on google for Wishes Dessert Buffet and the info will come up. Good luck! We would do it, but we want to see Spectro the same night and I don't think we would get to see the floats close enough. Maybe next time! :thumbsup:

barbiegirl314
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Is this a permanent event now? We are going in Oct. and I would love for my family to be able to do this.

What are some of the desserts that they have? I am a HUGE chocoholic....:blush:

Gregandmel
04-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Is this a permanent event now? We are going in Oct. and I would love for my family to be able to do this.

What are some of the desserts that they have? I am a HUGE chocoholic....:blush:

Just do a google search for "Wishes Dessert Party Disneyworld" and information on it will come up. I see the info on other websites but since Intercot doesn't really allow unofficial websites to be posted, you can find the info if you do a search. I was able to get all the information I needed on it and they have a list of desserts. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

magicjasb
04-09-2010, 09:21 PM
For those of you who have done this, is it mainly adults, or are there young children there?

TheVBs
04-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Sounds really lovely! :mickey: I'd like to try this next time we go.

Gregandmel
04-10-2010, 09:34 AM
For those of you who have done this, is it mainly adults, or are there young children there?

I"m going to make an assumption that there would be kids there. Since there are so many families that take their kids to MK, I would think this would be a wonderful thing to incorporate into your day! However, I am sure that many "couples only" would do this as well. From what I understand, there are games that can be played with CM for the kiddos (what I read on another site) to keep them entertained while waiting.