PDA

View Full Version : Walkway to MK from BLT...

Amy_617
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, so please move it if I've placed it wrong! :mickey:

We are staying at BLT the first week of May and were thinking of using the walkway instead of the monorail to get to MK. I am alittle concerned though, because we will have our 2 year old with us and didn't know how safe the walkway is across the road. How busy is the road you have to cross? Should we just stick to taking the monorail? We will have his stroller and of course would carry him across the road....but if this is a pretty busy highway, I may feel better taking the monorail! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

MidnTPK
04-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Aside from the parking area at the CR, there's only one small street to cross....and it has a stoplight and crosswalk. It;' a little busy at times....but I never felt unsafe. We used it every time we went to the MK when we stayed at the BLT in Sept.. with my then 2.25 year old in her stroller.

JohnnyNovo
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
The one crosswalk is not bad. There should also be a crowd of others doing the same thing.

ThanxForNoticin
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
The walk to/from MK is very safe. You'll probably see lots of people doing it, depending on the time of day you are going to MK. You'll cross at a stop light, so traffic is controlled. And the walk is much quicker to the main gate at MK than the monorail.

MonoMan
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
We stayed there in December and loved walking to MK. You just need to use the same caution you would use when walking in the parking lot and crossing a side street - the sidewalk starts off in the parking lot area.

faline
04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
There is an intersection to cross but it does have a crosswalk and, like any other street you would walk across, you need to use normal care in ensuring it's safe to cross.

princess mommy
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
We walked over no problem until my son wanted out of his stroller to stretch his legs. When the monorail passed directly over our heads, we were all so busy looking up and my son tripped and fell on his face. And boy who knew that chins could bleed so much? I still have a picture I bought at Chef Mickey's that night with half his poor little face all bandaged.

disneyboundagain
04-05-2010, 11:02 PM
We've made the walk from CR/BLT a hundred times, always with either one or two strollers. Once you try it the first time, I doubt you'll ride the Monorail to MK again. It is a perfectly safe and relaxing walk.

Amy_617
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Great!! Thanks guys!! Looks like we'll be walking to MK!! :mickey:

:thanks:

Through the looking Glass
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM
About what is the time on that walk?

MidnTPK
04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, its 3:35 here in DC so its also 3:35 on that walkway :thedolls:

Its about 0.5 miles from the BLT lobby to the MK turnstiles.

VWL Mom
04-06-2010, 08:50 PM

:funny:

jnfr2424
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
You also might want to take into consideration that it takes longer to get to MK on the Monorail than walking. From CR the next stop is TTC then Poly then GF before it gets to MK.
Enjoy the stroll to MK plus make sure you say hi when you walk over my family's brick!!!

Through the looking Glass
04-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Its about 0.5 miles from the BLT lobby to the MK turnstiles.

I guess I asked for that.:funny: