PDA

View Full Version : Can you still get pineapple for dessert at 'Ohana?

alicefan76
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Anyone know if you can still request the fresh pineapple with dipping sauce for dessert?

I know the dessert on the menu is bread pudding, but I'm not a huge fan after trying it on the last 2 visits.

I loved the pineapple they used to serve :D

I wanted to know if anyone else has tried to request it or if they would look at me like I was crazy :blush:

wdwluv
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Mmmm! Sounds yummy! I have my reservation for May, I want to find out about this too!

CaptSmee
04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
not sure, what harm does it to ask? :secret:

KylesMom
04-05-2010, 11:54 PM
We ask every time, & we've been told "no" every time since they changed to the bread pudding.

Pocahontas
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
My family and I were so disappointed when we first heard that they were taking the pineapple off of the menu, but I have to say that the bread pudding is now our favorite dessert - in and out of disney world.

If you haven't had it before, I hope you love it as much as my family loves it!

minnie-mouse
05-06-2010, 07:47 PM
They don't serve the Pineapple anymore but you won't be disappointed with their new dessert, the bread pudding. It was amazing and by far the best dessert I have ever had!!

TinkiTime1989
06-02-2010, 02:03 PM
When we ate there last summer I got the pineapple and caramel because I am allergic to bananas which are an ingredient in the bread pudding so I know they still have it at least for people with allergies.

buzznwoodysmom
06-02-2010, 02:35 PM
We've been many times since they changed the dessert, but on two of those trips I wanted a lighter dessert and asked for the pineapple and caramel. Both times I was told they'd bring it out with the dessert. The first time they did bring it out, the second time I had to ask for it again and they still didn't bring it out. Ohana's is such a long dinner that we didn't feel like asking again and waiting for it so we didn't get it that time. Not sure if they were avoiding bringing it out on purpose or if our server was just too busy to remember. So it doesn't hurt to ask.

Disneyfirsttimer
06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Agreed! The bread pudding is to die for :cloud9:. I am not normally a bread pudding fan, but theirs is out of this world. A warm combination of pudding and ice cream. It was the best dessert we had all week.

With that said, my daughter has a peanut allergy and could not eat it. The chef came out with a special dessert for her. It was a tower of pineapple with chocolate sauce. It was really good.

You could say you have a peanut allergy ;).

crltkcagle
06-03-2010, 10:19 AM
The bread pudding is amazing! :thumbsup:

Pigtunia
06-08-2010, 02:20 PM
my family and i were so disappointed when we first heard that they were taking the pineapple off of the menu, but i have to say that the bread pudding is now our favorite dessert - in and out of disney world.

If you haven't had it before, i hope you love it as much as my family loves it!

ditto!

Genie1953
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I did not care for the bread pudding. I was sooooo hoping they would have the pineapple available but no such luck!