PDA

View Full Version : Work on the Castle - is it completed yet?

Genie1953
04-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Can anyone tell me if the work that was being done on the castle has been completed yet? We will be there next saturday and were just wondering.

Strmchsr
04-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I think so. It was supposed to be completed a couple of weeks ago. However, it was really never noticeable to begin with.

RobinRocksDisney
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I was just there (squeal!), and the castle is done but the mote (water) around it is empty.

04-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Thursday night, the lower section still had "scrim" around it.

Genie1953
04-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I was just there (squeal!), and the castle is done but the mote (water) around it is empty.

Gosh I sure hope everything is back to normal by this Saturday....well actually Sunday because that is when we will first see the castle.

04-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Gosh I sure hope everything is back to normal by this Saturday....well actually Sunday because that is when we will first see the castle.

Work is "below" the bridge entrance level and from the Hub you would not even know that work is going on.

The scrim is patterned and colored like the Castle finishes and if you don't know it's there, you would not even notice it. Not an issue with photos, etc.

hurdlertwin
04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
We were there two weeks ago and unless you really try to find out where they're working on the castle at you can't see anything at all. The only visible difference was the fact that the water was drained around the castle. Don't worry, it will look amazing I'm sure.

Genie1953
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
We just got back yesterday and as of Sunday they were still working on the castle. Was a bit disappointing as I would have loved to see it with the water in the moat around the castle but actually you could barely tell there was work being done on it.

paragon
04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
We were there last week, 4/9-4/17, and the area under the entrance was still drained. Only the area just below the castle entrance is dry, the rest of the waterway is still full. You would only notice if you were right up close.
We were in MK on Saturday an just the castle was being worked on, when we returned on Friday, they had put up all the walls around Ariel's Grotto, Poohs play area, Peterpan, and in front of Pooh's ride, for the beginnings of the fantasyland remodel. There is a scrim on Peterpan's flight. It didn't ruin any views really, the green wall is on the outer edge, and is something familiar to me, as I've seen it a few times over near Toon Town before.
You will still have an enjoyable time!