PDA

View Full Version : Better Than a Fast Pass??

goofyhygienist
04-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Is there anything that is better than a fast pass when by-passing the lines??

phlo8810
04-02-2010, 04:18 PM
We have found that the single rider line is much quicker than fast-pass for rock n roller coaster, test track, expedition everest and mission space.

ILoveLegos
04-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Hiring a "vest" to get you front of line priviledges - (well at least that's the way it appears when I see them putting VIPs on rides in front of me) ;)

I've seen quite a few celebs getting that type of "special treatment". Most recently - Eddie Murphy's family. :cool:

It's expensive though I hear. :blush:

faline
04-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Having access to the sponsor lounge for a particular ride.

Altair
04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
We have found that the single rider line is much quicker than fast-pass for rock n roller coaster, test track, expedition everest and mission space.

I agree with all but Rock n Rollercoaster. The day my daughter did the single rider line the wait was longer than stand-by. The two seat per row limits the number of single seats available since most riders go in pairs. At Test Track the seats are three across making lots of single rider opportunities.:mickey:

WDWdriver
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
The day my daughter did the single rider line the wait was longer than stand-by. The two seat per row limits the number of single seats available since most riders go in pairs.

The same can be true for Expedition Everest. There are times when the single rider wait can be longer than stand-by.

websitekid
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
When our class toured various parks at WDW, we had (usually) two front passes to lines. On one of the days, our guide wrote a fast pass for our group that we could present at any ride for the rest of the day at any time. That would be the best suggestion I have; get a private tour. Other than that, you don't have to ride a ride during the suggested comeback times, simply get two or three fastpasses then come back later when the parks are less crowded or keep an eye on the lines. Hope this helps.

Belster
04-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Get to the parks at rope-drop and have a plan of action. Also, we pick a time of year where the crowd levels are not too high. That mixture for us gets us on all of the rides we want...many times throughout our trip. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
04-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Also, hit the rides with typically the longest lines during parades. We rode Big Thunder 6 times in a row with little to no wait during an afternoon parade.

LoriMistress
04-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Single Riders line may help. But FP is the best way.

MOJoe
04-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Apparently there is something better than a fastpass, and you can get in right in your own hometown - A Doctor's Note.

On one of my trips to WDW, my son and i were in the fastpass line at Rockin Roller Coaster. With us was a mom and her 10 year old son, who had some sort of "medical condition fastpass." He was suffering from asthma, or some similair condition, and was uncomfortable standing in long lines in confined areas. But nevertheless, he and his mom were able to get in the fastpass line by presenting this special pass. The mom told us they had gotten on Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster non-stop all day. :confused:

The irony of all this was clear to me, but all my son could understand was that this family had gotten a free ride. I can't dispute that the child had some sort of medical issue, but to use it for an advantage getting on popular theme park rides all day seemed absurd. I am not saying that this mom broke any rules - but it appears there is some sort of loophole in this type of situation.