PDA

View Full Version : Online checkin question

Genie1953
04-02-2010, 01:20 AM
We are heading to Disneyworld next weekend staying at POR. I can do online checkin beginning today, however I have a question. I actually have two reservations. One is a room-only reservation checking in on April 10. Then we start our actual vacation package on April 11. My understanding is that we cannot do online checkin for the room-only reservations and I know that we will have to check out and then back in on the 11th. My question is "should we go ahead and do the online checkin for April 11.....or just wait until we are checking in on the 10th to let them know we have a second reservation beginning the next day and want to stay in the same room if possible." We really do not want to get settled in for one night and then have to move the next day. To compound the problem further...we have 8am ADR's for Crystal Palace on the 11th and will need to do the check out/check back in process before we leave for our ADR's. Any thoughts on how to handle this? We requested a water view in the Oak Manor building if possible and plan on trying to get a corner room when we are checking in on that first night. I do plan on faxing a room request with this information a few days ahead of time (I know it doesn't always help but it can't hurt either). I am just trying to figure out if doing the online checkin for the second reservation will confuse things at all....and on the other hand will doing the online checkin help us get through the checkout/check back in process any quicker on the 11th? Any thoughts and/or advice on this?

c&d
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I did on line check in at POR for a room only reservation last year. We stayed 2 nights and then moved over to our DVC home.

I would call the resort and talk to them about your reservations. I find it's sometimes better to speak with someone rather than just fax them a request.

TammiMcMan
04-02-2010, 01:20 PM
You should definitely be able to take advantage of online registration for both of your reservations. That being said though, online registration is designed to speed up the process of check-in. It sounds like you would want to be able to talk with the CM and verify the information about keeping the same room and being sure your package details would be ready to go early the following morning. For the simple reason that your transaction would be more than the simple grab 'n go, I would probably skip the online registration for the room only, but definitely do that for the package.

In regards to moving/not moving rooms, I would just be sure that CRO has noted that this is a connecting reservation. Your best bet is to call them and not the resort. Even though you would be calling the resort phone number, in most cases, those are answered by a call answering center and they'd just be verifying whatever information is already on your reservation. Faxing is okay as a followup, just be sure that special requests are already noted by CRO.

Regarding checking in and checking out, you can do that as early as 6am, so other than a very early wake up call, you shouldn't have a problem making your ADR that morning. Worst case, the resort can hold your luggage if you have a room change. Hopefully you would know that though when you check in, so that you could plan accordingly.