PDA

View Full Version : Verizon TV commercial

huzzah4
04-01-2010, 10:20 PM
OK, I just saw a Verizon commercial on TV that was set in the Magic Kingdom. It heavily featured an app called "Mobile Magic". I have searched all over the web and can't find any recent info about it, all I can find is from about Sept. of 2009 saying that it will be available in Nov. of 2009. The commercial said it showed location, wait times, fastpass availability, and fastpass return times. I NEED this app.

Has this already been released? Was this a cruel April Fool's joke by Verizon and Disney? Is this going to be released soon and Verizon accidentally sent the wrong commercial to air too soon? What is going on with this? Where is it in development and when can we expect it to be released.

JPL
04-01-2010, 10:42 PM
The app has been available since November but sadly it's not available on Smartphones yet. If you look here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=163298) it is actively being discussed.

CaptSmee
04-01-2010, 11:06 PM
The app has been available since November but sadly it's not available on Smartphones yet. If you look here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=163298) it is actively being discussed.

They have released it for more phones since it's debut. I finally was able to download it on my Dare a few months ago.

ljgirl
04-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I used it on my LG Dare a few weeks ago and it was awesome!!!!! The wait times and fastpass times are SO accurate!!! It made the trip that much more magical!

You do need a data package to use it unless you want to pay by the MB which is crazy expensive. I put a $9.99/25 MB plan on my phone and it was plenty to run the app and also to check my email for the week. You do not need VZ Navigator to use it. Just make sure your phone locator is set to on.

jonahbear2006
04-02-2010, 01:18 PM
that 9.99 is for 3 mths though, not too horribly expensive. I dont know who would need it that long but that is the charge for one night's wi-fi in disney. i dont think the price is too bad. I did not realize it wasnt ready for smart phones yet, i guess we have to take the envy then...bummer.

W24toISMdirect
04-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Too bad it doesn't work on a REAL Verizon phone... (i.e. Blackberry, Palm, Android).

KatrinaJ91
04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I have an iPod Touch and downloaded the Wait Time app. You don't have to pay anything as long as you have wi-fi access...which might be tough inside the parks.