PDA

View Full Version : Did you get "Fooled"?

MegaDisney
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
So did anyone fall for any good April Fools Day pranks?

I fell for the Starbucks Blog entry about new sizes. I even posted it on my Facebook before I realized that I had been punked!

How about you?

MNNHFLTX
04-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I saw your post on Facebook, Bryant--made me chuckle.

Nope, no tom-foolery for me today. I was blissfully cocooned here at home doing yard work.

I did like the Google name-switch to Topeka though. :)

Lakin
04-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Nothing major for this year! Although, before my science test today, my teacher told us we needed a calculator and a #3 pencil. Made me worried for a second (I always get nervous before tests), then I laughed. Then someone asked if we actually did need a calculator. LOL. I guess we need it to find out how to replicate DNA?

MegaDisney
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
A client of mine is a Junior High School teacher, she told me today at lunch hour ALL the students formed a huge crowd and seemed to be cheering on a fairly violent fight.

The teachers fought their way through the crowd only to get to the center and the fight migrated to another part of the group.

After a couple of attempts to reach the fight, all the students yelled "April Fools!!"

Kinda funny! :D

PirateLover
04-02-2010, 09:05 AM
As a teacher, I always dread April Fools (Even though I play a few pranks myself). I was elated when I realized that this year we'd be on Easter break for April Fool's!!!! So no, I did not get fooled.

The best one that someone pulled on me was about 5 years ago... my best friend texted me while I was in a class in college with an urgent tag. As soon as class was over I read the message and it said "I'm engaged!" At this point I hadn't even met this guy so I was really surprised and taken aback. I called her and she kept it up for a good 5 minutes before she said "Oh and one more thing- April Fool's!" It took me a second to register what had just happened. Fast forward to present time and I now love this guy! And, they did get married. I was in the wedding. :D

DizneyRox
04-02-2010, 10:41 AM
In general, most April Fools "jokes" are easy to ID and my great disdain for the holiday puts me on guard about a week before the day.

Seems like a lot of effort to put into something where the reward is so little, I don't get it. Also, some of the better pranks end up costing even more to correct than the effort put into creating them.

MNNHFLTX
04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
In general, most April Fools "jokes" are easy to ID and my great disdain for the holiday puts me on guard about a week before the day.

Seems like a lot of effort to put into something where the reward is so little, I don't get it. Also, some of the better pranks end up costing even more to correct than the effort put into creating them.You sound like the Scrooge of April Fools Day! ;)

mrsgaribaldi
04-02-2010, 06:34 PM
A client of mine is a Junior High School teacher, she told me today at lunch hour ALL the students formed a huge crowd and seemed to be cheering on a fairly violent fight.

The teachers fought their way through the crowd only to get to the center and the fight migrated to another part of the group.

After a couple of attempts to reach the fight, all the students yelled "April Fools!!"

Kinda funny! :D

That's pretty good!

Dizneyana
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I managed to sidestep any tomfoolery this year... :thumbsup:

˙˙ǝƃɐd ʇoɔı uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɥʇ ʇunoɔ noʎ ssǝlun

:rocks: