PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store Rant

MegaDisney
04-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I buy stuff online all the time.

Why does the Disney Store take SO LONG to fulfill an order?

You buy something at Amazon and your card is charged immediately and the item normal ships the next day (sometimes the same day).

I placed an order at DisneyStore.com on 3/1, my card was not charged until 3/17 and the item still has not shipped!

Responses to my email requests for status are answered quickly, but the information is lame: "This item ships from a third party vendor and should arrive in 4-6 weeks" REALLY?

I find it hard to believe that nearly every other online retailer can fulfill orders in a timely manner and a company as large as Disney cannot and finds it OK to do business this way!

Rant over!

I want my stuff!!!

VWL Mom
04-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Not sure what you ordered but you may want to give them a call and find out what is up. I shop the Disney site quite often and the only delayed shipping I've encountered was the D23 membership. Everything else usually arrives within the week.

MegaDisney
04-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I shop the Disney site quite often and the only delayed shipping I've encountered was the D23 membership.

It is in fact my D23 fulfillment.

How long did it take for you to get it?

This is not the first time I have had an issue, just the most frustrating!

5togetherWDW
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I have had very mixed results with Disney online. Twice I've gotten upset enough that I stopped shopping their site for several months -- but the lack of a local Disney store and my love of Disney has lurred me back each time.

I think our longest delay of an item was personalized dormat / carpets that we ordered this past August. They were included in an order with three other items at the start of the month. The first items arrived in late August. It was late September before the first dormat came -- almost two months, but they were personalized so . . ok. But, then the wait began. October, still no 2nd doormat (and no its delayed email.) Looking online it simply said it hadn't yet shipped. Come November . . . no doormat . . ..
It was after Thanksgiving when it came(actually in December if I recall correctly.)

VWL Mom
04-02-2010, 09:10 AM
It is in fact my D23 fulfillment.

How long did it take for you to get it?

This is not the first time I have had an issue, just the most frustrating!

I placed my order on Dec 4th, received the membership card on Dec 15th, received some of the package (magazine & poster) a few days before Xmas and membership certificate right after.

MegaDisney
04-02-2010, 02:28 PM
I have only received my card.

Sigh! Can't wait for the certificate to frame and hang in my Disney Den!

Granny Jill A
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Is the store Disney-run, or do they farm it out to some other company?